Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,970
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
Yeah, getting good now and lots of splainin to do
You betcha.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Reiver
 
Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipso View Post
You betcha.
Lol...go back and read the article....a 20 minute meeting that lead to...nada.

There, it's splained to you.
__________________
De Oppresso Liber
Old 07-10-2017, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Registered User
 
madcorgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 8,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
Lol...go back and read the article....a 20 minute meeting that lead to...nada.

There, it's splained to you.
Yup, we should all accept Junior's word for it--he has proven himself to be completely honest thus far. . .

I'm sure once he heard that, mueller started packing up his office. Show's over folks.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,970
Garage
Too bad Kushner couldn't get his private hot line with the Russians, that he wanted.
All this being caught lying and meeting with Russians, could have been avoided.

They're so dumb.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
The Broken Road
 
Seahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,247
Like I have posted before, if there is any substance to collusion, I'll lead the Impeachment Parade.

From a real lawyer:

I want to add a few thoughts to Scott’s post about the meeting between Donald Trump, Jr. and a Russian lawyer who said she had damaging information about Hillary Clinton. The damaging information reportedly had to do with Russian funding of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton.

The main point I want to make is that there is nothing wrong with such a meeting and such discussions, though in this case the discussion is said never to have gotten off the ground because the Russian lawyer had nothing to offer. A campaign should never turn down the opportunity to be presented with adverse information about an opponent from any source, within the bounds of the law.

(Of course, if the Trump campaign had actually been colluding with the Russian government, it’s highly doubtful that it would have met with this lawyer in the hope of obtaining adverse information about Clinton. Russian intelligence presumably would have been supplying whatever info Russia had that Team Trump could use.)

A campaign’s only obligation is to view adverse information offered to it with skepticism and to reject the information if it can’t be verified or deals with matters that are not fair game. Evidence that the DNC and Hillary Clinton were taking money from the Russians — had such evidence existed — would have been fair game and then some. Indeed, evidence of this nature is the holy grail of the anti-Trump media crusade and the growing team of anti-Trumpers who work for Robert Mueller.

CNN would kill for such evidence. So would members of Clinton’s campaign team — in 2016 and even today.

Donald Trump, Jr. should have been all ears when the Russian lawyer made her claim. If she had been able to back it up, he should have used the information.

A problem would have arisen if the Trump team had promised to implement certain policies in exchange for the anti-Clinton information. But from all that appears at this point, the woman had no information helpful to the Trump campaign. Her claim that she did appears to have been designed to bring Trump, Jr. to the table to discuss something entirely different. Thus, there could not have been a deal, even assuming the Trump campaign might have been willing to make one.

The Trump-resisting media can’t have it both ways. It can’t be the case both that Russia interfering in our election is terrible and that Donald Trump, Jr. should not have listened to claims that Russia was interfering in our election.


On collusion, the media is all screwed up | Power Line
__________________
Paul
1988 SL560
Old 07-10-2017, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner
 
wdfifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 16,475
Garage
First there was no collusion. Then there was, but Trump Sr. didn't know about it. Next it will be, "So what if we worked with the Russians to beat Clinton? What's wrong with that?"

edit:
Oops. Too slow. Seahawk's lawyer beat me to it.
__________________
.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner
 
wdfifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 16,475
Garage
"The main point I want to make is that there is nothing wrong with such a meeting and such discussions..."

Wrong counselor. There is something very wrong with representatives of a foreign power trying to influence our elections. The proper course of action in this case was for Trump to notify the FBI, not go see if their information is useful.
__________________
.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Waterlogged in GA
Posts: 8,382
Wow...this Russia stuff is great. The fact that we pounded ISIS out of Mosul after Obama let them in is barely newsworthy by comparison. Voting Americans want more Russia coverage. Every conceivable contortion must be in bold font leading every story. Voters love that stuff.

Maybe they'll start voting Democrat if the left re-doubles it's Russia stories. Hasn't happened yet, but it's because the left isn't trying hard enough. Crank it up! It'll work.
__________________
Mike
1987 Porsche 911 - It's targa-time!
2015 BMW K1300S Motorsport - Pure adrenaline!
1996 Ducati 900SS/CR - Luccia
Old 07-10-2017, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
The Broken Road
 
Seahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
First there was no collusion. Then there was, but Trump Sr. didn't know about it. Next it will be, "So what if we worked with the Russians to beat Clinton? What's wrong with that?"
Here is the issue, as I see it: Here is what the NYTs wrote: “It is unclear whether the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, actually produced the promised compromising information about Mrs. Clinton. But the people interviewed by The Times about the meeting said the expectation was that she would do so.”

So, six Times reporters and one researcher working the story remain unclear about the meeting but you guys have Rosemary Woods on the witness stand?

Collusion about what, exactly?
__________________
Paul
1988 SL560

Last edited by Seahawk; 07-10-2017 at 12:36 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,970
Garage
Little Trump has lawyered up now, too.
Donald Trump Jr. Hires New York Lawyer For Russia Probes: Report | HuffPost
Old 07-10-2017, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Reiver
 
Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Here is the issue, as I see it: Here is what the NYTs wrote: “It is unclear whether the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, actually produced the promised compromising information about Mrs. Clinton. But the people interviewed by The Times about the meeting said the expectation was that she would do so.”

So, six Times reporters and one researcher working the story remain unclear about the meeting but you guys have Rosemary Woods on the witness stand?

Collusion about what, exactly?
So, nothin from nothin is still nothin....
__________________
De Oppresso Liber
Old 07-10-2017, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kach22i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 36,312
Garage
Natalia Veselnitskaya has ties to the Kremlin/FSS/ former KGB/ Putin.

Yes?

Trump's inner circle met with her, yes?

This is all I need to know.

Hand caught in the cookie jar, denial abounds.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/trump-son-russia-lawyer-meeting-633904%3Famp%3D1
Quote:
According to the report, Donald Trump Jr. attended a meeting June 9, 2016, with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, whose husband was previously a deputy transportation minister in Russia and counts state-run businesses as clients.
__________________
1977 911S Targa 2.7L (CIS) Silver/Black
1998 Chevy S-10 4x4 Pick-Up Truck, Razzle Dazzle Camo
1989 modified Scat II HP Hovercraft
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 07-10-2017 at 01:12 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
Registered User
 
enzo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 11,344
__________________
76' 911s Signature Edition
Old 07-10-2017, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kach22i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 36,312
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipso View Post
Haha
Quote:
Futerfas, a sole practitioner who specializes in criminal defense,
__________________
1977 911S Targa 2.7L (CIS) Silver/Black
1998 Chevy S-10 4x4 Pick-Up Truck, Razzle Dazzle Camo
1989 modified Scat II HP Hovercraft
George, Architect
Old 07-10-2017, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Reiver
 
Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
Natalia Veselnitskaya has ties to the Kremlin/FSS/ former KGB/ Putin.

Yes?

Trump's inner circle met with her, yes?

This is all I need to know.

Hand caught in the cookie jar, denial abounds.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/trump-son-russia-lawyer-meeting-633904%3Famp%3D1
No....as far as I have seen/read she has no link with the admin.....and, even if she did answer this...

Is it illegal to meet with someone who says they have dirt on your political opponent?

Is it illegal or immoral to listen to that info.

If, that was the case, and they did meet in the hope of finding something out...what does that say about the collusion story? IOTW, there was no set up. they hoped for a shot in the dark.

What exactly is illegal or unethical in this story as it is told today?
__________________
De Oppresso Liber
Old 07-10-2017, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kach22i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 36,312
Garage
Ties to the Kremlin is shetchy I will give you that.

I'm sure as this story gets fleshed out we will know more.

And it will not be good for Trump and his inner circle.

I don't think anyone in Russia can refuse Putin, not if they want to live for long. I doubt she had much choice herself.
__________________
1977 911S Targa 2.7L (CIS) Silver/Black
1998 Chevy S-10 4x4 Pick-Up Truck, Razzle Dazzle Camo
1989 modified Scat II HP Hovercraft
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 07-10-2017 at 01:24 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats
 
dad911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ and Duchy of Grand Fenwick
Posts: 5,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
Ties to the Kremlin is shetchy I will give you that.

I'm sure as this story gets fleshed out we will know more.

And it will not be good for Trump and his inner circle.

I don't think anyone in Russia can refuse Putin, not if they want to live for long. I doubt she had much choice herself.
How about her ties to DNC/Hillary? Perhaps less sketchy( shetchy?)

Shetchy sounds like russian pronunciation. Do you have ties to Putin?
__________________
"Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reasons." Robin Williams-Man Of The Year
Old 07-10-2017, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats
 
dad911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ and Duchy of Grand Fenwick
Posts: 5,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
Natalia Veselnitskaya has ties to the Kremlin/FSS/ former KGB/ Putin.

Yes?
.....
No. Other than she is a lawyer that happens to be Russian.....Do you know something the rest of the world doesn't?

In a statement to The New York Times Saturday, Veselnitskaya said that she “never acted on behalf of the Russian government” and “never discussed any of these matters with any representative of the Russian government.”

Putin’s secretary Dmitry Peskov denied the Kremlin had any knowledge of Veselnitskaya or her actions abroad Monday.

"Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the president and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier,"
__________________
"Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reasons." Robin Williams-Man Of The Year
Old 07-10-2017, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
 
Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Reiver
 
Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
No....as far as I have seen/read she has no link with the admin.....and, even if she did answer this...

Is it illegal to meet with someone who says they have dirt on your political opponent?

Is it illegal or immoral to listen to that info.

If, that was the case, and they did meet in the hope of finding something out...what does that say about the collusion story? IOTW, there was no set up. they hoped for a shot in the dark.

What exactly is illegal or unethical in this story as it is told today?
C'mon collusion guys....the story is bogus but answer the questions anyway....
__________________
De Oppresso Liber
Old 07-10-2017, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charlotte NC/San Diego CA
Posts: 2,668
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad911 View Post
No. Other than she is a lawyer that happens to be Russian.....Do you know something the rest of the world doesn't?

In a statement to The New York Times Saturday, Veselnitskaya said that she “never acted on behalf of the Russian government” and “never discussed any of these matters with any representative of the Russian government.”

Putin’s secretary Dmitry Peskov denied the Kremlin had any knowledge of Veselnitskaya or her actions abroad Monday.

"Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the president and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier,"
oh...she said she had no ties to the Russian govt. and Donnie did similarly. ok...who could question the integrity?

lol dad.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:46 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2016 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.