Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign

Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html?action=click&contentCollection=U.S.&module=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article
Quote:
Two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination last year, his eldest son arranged a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan with a Russian lawyer who has connections to the Kremlin, according to confidential government records described to The New York Times.

The previously unreported meeting was also attended by Mr. Trump’s campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, as well as the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, according to interviews and the documents, which were outlined by people familiar with them.

While President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and Russians, this episode at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, is the first confirmed private meeting between a Russian national and members of Mr. Trump’s inner circle during the campaign. It is also the first time that his son Donald Trump Jr. is known to have been involved in such a meeting.........................

The Trump Tower meeting was not disclosed to government officials until recently, when Mr. Kushner, who is also a senior White House aide, filed a revised version of a form required to obtain a security clearance. The Times reported in April that he had failed to disclose any foreign contacts, including meetings with the Russian ambassador to the United States and the head of a Russian state bank. Failure to report such contacts can result in a loss of access to classified information and even, if information is knowingly falsified or concealed, in imprisonment.

Mr. Kushner’s advisers said at the time that the omissions were an error, and that he had immediately notified the F.B.I. that he would be revising the filing. They also said he had met with the Russians in his official transition capacity as a main point of contact for foreign officials.
And a follow up article.

Donald Trump Jr.’s Two Different Explanations for Russian Meeting
Donald Trump Jr.’s Two Different Explanations for Russian Meeting
Quote:
In less than 24 hours, President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., has given two different explanations for a meeting he held during the 2016 campaign with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer who promised to provide damaging information about Hillary Clinton.
CBS TV this morning said president Trump claims to have no knowledge of this meeting.

There must have been a mighty big piece of bait (dirt on Clinton) to lure the three most important people of the Trump campaign into such a meeting, these were very busy people after all - just two weeks after securing the nomination.

Were they innocent dupes lured into a meeting under false pretenses? And exactly what was the alleged purpose of the meeting?

Why would they only be too happy to meet on the topic of adoption, which was not even a campaign issue? What did they think they were meeting about if they felt adoption was a waste of their time?

Sanctions?

Hacking?

A possible Real Estate deal?

col·lu·sion
https://www.bing.com/search?q=collusion&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=collusion&sc=8-9&sk=&cvid=5F27AADEB13B45E995A45C31785BA127
Quote:
[kəˈlo͞oZHən]

NOUN
secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others:

"the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers" ·
[more]
synonyms: conspiracy · connivance · complicity · intrigue · plotting · secret understanding · collaboration · scheming

law

illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially between ostensible opponents in a lawsuit.
Just when some thought the Russian collusion issue was laid to rest and were celebrating, out comes this story.

Must suck to be one of them.
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 07-10-2017 at 04:36 AM..
Old 07-10-2017, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Sorry but this amounts to nothing. Any campaign does opposition research and goes where the dirt is. Nothing new and who they got the dirt from is ultimately irrelevant.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmando View Post
Sorry but this amounts to nothing. Any campaign does opposition research and goes where the dirt is. Nothing new and who they got the dirt from is ultimately irrelevant.
How do you explain the actions of Mr. Kushner, who is also a senior White House aide, filing a revised version of a form to obtain a security clearance?

This is how the story broke.

He could go to jail for not disclosing such meetings, and must have gotten word that someone, somewhere knew and it would not be long before it was disclosed.
George, Architect
Old 07-10-2017, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Poor Trump is never going to get out from under this.
Now his Son is caught in the web of lies and collusion.
I knew the 'adoption' program cover story sounded fishy, even for trump.

"Blind respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth"
Old 07-10-2017, 05:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Yes! More Russia fables. 2018 is coming up. Please keep the Russia stories coming. Voters love this stuff. Can't get enough.
1996 Ducati 900SS/CR - Luccia
Old 07-10-2017, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocaholic View Post
Yes! More Russia fables. 2018 is coming up. Please keep the Russia stories coming. Voters love this stuff. Can't get enough.
You don't sound worried at all.
George, Architect
Old 07-10-2017, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Terrified!
1996 Ducati 900SS/CR - Luccia
Old 07-10-2017, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Information Junky

can't

quite.

grasp.

the.

last.

Russian.

link.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Nabisco Premium Saltine

OMG, OMG, OMG, so much collusion, so, so much. So much collusion when you look at wiki under collusion, you'll se Trumps picture. Collusion, collusion, collusion.

George - try not to be such an incredible dumbazz. Go back to what you do best - perving on Governor Palin's children.

99 996
Old 07-10-2017, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

More on the subject:

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/08/donald-trump-jr-met-with-russian-lawyer-during-election-but-didnt-follow-up

From the link:
“We have learned from both our own investigation and public reports that the participants in the meeting misrepresented who they were and who they worked for,” said Mark Corallo, a spokesman for President Trump’s legal team. “Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the President and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier. "

"These developments raise serious issues as to exactly who authorized and participated in any effort by Russian nationals to influence our election in any manner,” Corallo said.

Veselnitskaya is identified in court documents as a former Russian prosecutor and private lawyer in Moscow who had been representing the Russian businessman Denis Katsyv and his Prevezon Holdings, against a U.S. Department of Justice a civil asset forfeiture case. In one document, she described having trouble getting a visa from the U.S.

1969 911T Coupe
1972 911E Targa
Old 07-10-2017, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Information Junky

Summary

"Hey, you want to buy some dirt on your dad's opponent? I know guy..."
"ok, i'm listening. What have ya got?"
Turns out to be, and dismissed (by Trump Jr) as hot air.

Month later, the pathetically desperate Libiots work their lil fingers to make Russian hay.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Poor trump. Now he has his son meeting with agents of a foreign government, in the hopes of getting information, to affect an American election.
Or it could just be a cover story. To hide the real reason for the meeting with the Russians. Timing the release of illegally obtained information, to alter the outcome of an American election.

Not too smart.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you Mr. Putin and you can give Hilda her broom back, she isn't strong enough to use it anymore

Oh yeah, Trump won
I was wrong again but I will not apologize, I am a little man, Mike/satman
Old 07-10-2017, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

The occasion turned out to be about Russia's child adoption procedures...is what I heard.
- - Don R. 1994, an excerpt from My Ass From a Hole in the Ground - A Comparative View
Old 07-10-2017, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Whether or not anything 'happened', it's just amazing that these rubes put themselves in that position.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I see the problem here, it wasn't illegal or immoral, so the dems question it, not something they understand.

Oh yeah, Trump won
Old 07-10-2017, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Now he is saying that he was tricked into meeting with the Russian lawyer. She promised dirt in Hillary but didn't have any.

So he was willing to collude with a representative from a foreign government, to affect an American election.
He even went as far as gathering two more people, set up a meeting. and had the meeting.
But she didn't have any info.
Sure.

I don't think there is one trustworthy person in the trump family.
It shows more and more, everyday.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you Mr. Trump for beating Hilda, with her own broom.

Oh yeah, Trump won
Old 07-10-2017, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Reiver

Lol....dipso's little man in his head is ecstatic....must look like a Trump/CNN meme battle. More silly crap.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

After all the denials, lies, and obfuscation, what everyone has known all along is proving true.

Mueller is having a good time, I'm sure.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: