Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
ck is appearing on faux right now. discussing iran deal.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
I like Charles and this is his opinion....he's a Dr. of Psychiatry tho and not a lawyer.

Columbia Law Professor Explains why Donald Trump Jr. did Nothing Wrong ⋆ The Constitution
Reiver, this cuts too exactly what's wrong with both sides in politics. I know the right just about worship this guy but when he says, look a republican fked up and did something stupid. Then he is under the bus.

The same goes for the left. If elizabeth warren were to say anything good about the republicans she's under the bus by her party too!

Self reflection of your beliefs are important no matter what side of politics you fall on. I don't fall in line with no party and certainly not a hack. I just hate both parties just about equally and see them all as criminals above our laws.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
yeah shaun, I just turned on FOX and Charles was still there.

Oh yeah, Trump won
I was wrong again but I will not apologize, I am a little man, Mike/satman
Old 07-14-2017, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyGon View Post
yeah shaun, I just turned on FOX and Charles was still there.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Reiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal View Post
Reiver, this cuts too exactly what's wrong with both sides in politics. I know the right just about worship this guy but when he says, look a republican fked up and did something stupid. Then he is under the bus.

The same goes for the left. If elizabeth warren were to say anything good about the republicans she's under the bus by her party too!

Self reflection of your beliefs are important no matter what side of politics you fall on. I don't fall in line with no party and certainly not a hack. I just hate both parties just about equally and see them all as criminals above our laws.
I think Jr. acted stupidly but that's about it...considering the time frame of the act/meeting.

Charles isn't under the bus, he often says things I disagree with politically.....generally he does not...so what?
Old 07-14-2017, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I think Jr. acted stupidly but that's about it...considering the time frame of the act/meeting.

Charles isn't under the bus, he often says things I disagree with politically.....generally he does not...so what?
He's under the bus on PARF by the cons, no doubt about that.

The US could use more moderate thinking and not hard liners on the right and left that are hoping for some spark for a civil war. It seem they hate each other more then they hate ISIS.

My point is there is no self reflection on either side. This crap has turned into football cheering for a team instead of whats right or wrong.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Reiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal View Post
He's under the bus on PARF by the cons, no doubt about that.

The US could use more moderate thinking and not hard liners on the right and left that are hoping for some spark for a civil war. It seem they hate each other more then they hate ISIS.

My point is there is no self reflection on either side. This crap has turned into football cheering for a team instead of whats right or wrong.
Well, that is a 'so what' too.....politics has always been very much like this....when you have a contentious individual elected when everyone on one team was certain (99%) that their candidate was a shoe in....

I'm an optimist.....honestly.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Information Junky

I heard some emotional honesty on PBS today - they (and the Left) Hate Trump with the power of a thousand suns.

the Left's TDS really is on crack.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
The Broken Road

Here is the email CK referenced.

The rest of the text is available.

So, the Russians had dirt on Hillary - HER dealings with the Russians and they wanted to share it with Trump?

Is that it? The Russians have info that Hillary colluded with the Russians, money exchanged hands, etc., ad nausea. They purport to have the smoking gun.

What would you do knowing that the 99% predicted winner of the next Presidential election is colluding with the Russians? Be honest: What would the WaPo and the NYT do?

Old 07-15-2017, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Well Paul, it depends on what the 99% sure thing candidates name was. If it were Clinton or Obama, they would sit on their hands. If the name is Trump, Romney or Bush, then run with it like their hair is on fire.

Shaun, to be fair, sooner or later Ted will be outside on a some my day, get hit in the head with a hailstone et voila, right about the sky is falling thing.

Dr K is a smart guy, but when he is wrong there is nothing going to change his mind.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Information Overloader

I'm finally a 1%er then. I thought it would feel different.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:

Who else went with Don Jr.?

Why did Paul Manafort "quit" as Donald Trump's campaign manager?
Old 07-16-2017, 04:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC View Post
Trump has been maintaining all along that there were no meetings; that no one in his organization met with the Russians pertaining to the election.

Except they did. Now it is known (not "fake" news) that his election personnel (Manafort for god's sake!!) met with the Russians with the specific intent to obtain information to help them in the election.

Most everyone already knew Trump was a pathological liar. Now everyone knows it.
Another conclusion might be that those that are claiming what you just listed are conflating things.

At issue is whether or not Trump's campaign actively worked with the "Russians" that were tasked with screwing with the campaign. Not every Russian in the world worked on this. Yet, "any Russian" or "anybody with Russian ties" gets drawn into it.

It's pretty clear to me that this "Russian lawyer" had nothing to do with the "Russians working on the campaign" bunch, the meeting wasn't about the campaign but something else entirely and that the purported information offered never existed and was just offered to get their foot in the door.

Clearly Kushner and Manafort blew it off quickly and Trump Jr. probably kicked her out as soon as was polite.

There's nothing illegal about the meeting, there's nothing suspicious about it if you consider the actual facts of it and if you think the Democrats wouldn't have done the same ****ing thing, you're delusional. They went so far as to make up their own fake opposition research, when they could not find any real dirt.

This entire investigation is a waste of time and money. If it ever ends, the Democrats will find some other avenue to pursue, so that they can continue to **** up the country. The far left is literally, collectively insane and immoral and the majority of middle-of-the-road Democrats are too stupid or apathetic to try and control them.

If I were in this administration, I'd go after these criminals hard and fast. So many of Obama's administration (including the head ******* himself) broke laws left and right, so many people in the Democratic party did similar things and then there are the guys like Soros who have been actively working against this country and others for years and should be shut down for good.

JR
Old 07-16-2017, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun @ Tru6 View Post
Who else went with Don Jr.?

Oh, your deep deep concern for our elections is duly noted.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
I don't go to Shaun for predictions....
You should. He's been pretty good at forecasting Trump's Russian connection.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Reiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
You should. He's been pretty good at forecasting Trump's Russian connection.
Why, he was wrong about this event.....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/07/14/columbia_law_professor_briffault_explains_why_trum p_jr_not_guilty_treason_perjury_collusion.html
Old 07-16-2017, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
I like Charles and this is his opinion....he's a Dr. of Psychiatry tho and not a lawyer.

Columbia Law Professor Explains why Donald Trump Jr. did Nothing Wrong ⋆ The Constitution
That's a misleading headline. Krauthammer explained why their actions were wrong. This guy explains why, so far, they don't appear to have done anything illegal. There is a difference.
It's not illegal for them to have been selfish and unpatriotic, but it was wrong.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

How so?

also, who else went with Don Jr.?

Old 07-16-2017, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
The Broken Road

You guys need a Blue Dress, stat.

Because THAT is entertainment.

Last edited by Seahawk; 07-16-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Old 07-16-2017, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun @ Tru6 View Post
He's a quitter....lasted less than 3 months, didn't want to 'go clean'. Better pay in being a foreign agent/lobbyist ....
Old 07-16-2017, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: