Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FoxNews fires Charles Krauthammer, picked up by Daily Kos

Donald Trump Jr. E-mails Demonstrate Immoral Collusion, Criminal or Not | National Review

Bungled Collusion Is Still Collusion
by Charles Krauthammer July 13, 2017 8:00 PM

Donald Trump Jr.’s e-mails discredit the ‘nothingburger’ argument the president’s supporters have been advancing for months.

The Russia scandal has entered a new phase and there’s no going back.

For six months, the White House claimed that this scandal was nothing more than innuendo about Trump-campaign collusion with Russia in meddling in the 2016 election. Innuendo for which no concrete evidence had been produced.

Yes, there were several meetings with Russian officials, some only belatedly disclosed. But that is circumstantial evidence at best. Meetings tell you nothing unless you know what happened in them. We didn’t. Some of these were casual encounters in large groups, like the famous July 2016 Kislyak–Sessions exchange of pleasantries at the Republican National Convention. Big deal.

I was puzzled. Lots of cover-up, but where was the crime? Not even a third-rate burglary. For six months, smoke without fire. Yes, President Trump himself was acting very defensively, as if he were hiding something. But no one ever produced the something.

My view was: Collusion? I just don’t see it. But I’m open to empirical evidence. Show me.

The evidence is now shown. This is not hearsay, not fake news, not unsourced leaks. This is an e-mail chain released by Donald Trump Jr. himself. A British go-between writes that there’s a Russian government effort to help Trump Sr. win the election, and as part of that effort he proposes a meeting with a “Russian government attorney” possessing damaging information on Hillary Clinton. Moreover, the Kremlin is willing to share troves of incriminating documents from the Crown Prosecutor. (Error: Britain has a Crown Prosecutor. Russia has a State Prosecutor.)

Donald Jr. e-mails back. “I love it.” Fatal words.

Once you’ve said “I’m in,” it makes no difference that the meeting was a bust, that the intermediary brought no such goods. What matters is what Donald Jr. thought going into the meeting, as well as Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort, who were copied on the correspondence, invited to the meeting, and attended.

“It was literally just a wasted 20 minutes, which was a shame,” Donald Jr. told Sean Hannity. A shame? On the contrary, a stroke of luck. Had the lawyer real stuff to deliver, Donald Jr. and the others would be in far deeper legal trouble. It turned out to be incompetent collusion, amateur collusion, comically failed collusion. That does not erase the fact that three top Trump-campaign officials were ready to play.

It may turn out that they did later collaborate more fruitfully. We don’t know. But even if nothing else is found, the evidence is damning.

It’s rather pathetic to hear Trump apologists protesting that it’s no big deal because we Americans are always intervening in other people’s elections, and they in ours. You don’t have to go back to the ’40s and ’50s when the CIA intervened in France and Italy to keep the Communists from coming to power. What about the Obama administration’s blatant interference to try to defeat Benjamin Netanyahu in the latest Israeli election? One might even add the work of groups supported by the U.S. during Russian parliamentary elections — the very origin of Vladimir Putin’s deep animus toward Hillary Clinton, then secretary of state, whom he accuses of having orchestrated the opposition.

This defense is pathetic for two reasons. First, have the Trumpites not been telling us for six months that no collusion ever happened? And now they say: Sure it happened. So what? Everyone does it.

What’s left of your credibility when you make such a casual about-face?

Second, no, not everyone does it. It’s one thing to be open to opposition research dug up in Indiana. But not dirt from Russia, a hostile foreign power that has repeatedly invaded its neighbors (Georgia, Crimea, Eastern Ukraine), that buzzes our planes and ships in international waters, that opposes our every move and objective around the globe. Just last week the Kremlin killed additional U.N. sanctions we were looking to impose on North Korea for its ICBM test.

There is no statute against helping a foreign hostile power meddle in an American election. What Donald Jr. — and Kushner and Manafort — did may not be criminal. But it is not merely stupid. It is also deeply wrong, a fundamental violation of any code of civic honor.

I leave it to the lawyers to adjudicate the legalities of unconsummated collusion. But you don’t need a lawyer to see that the Trump defense — collusion as a desperate Democratic fiction designed to explain away a lost election — is now officially dead.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Nabisco Premium Saltine

Sounds just like something from daily kok

99 996
Old 07-14-2017, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Reiver

Ah, you see, you are not going to win your prediction gambit......the story is already losing steam.

Now it's about optics.

Who would have ever thought a politicians kid, in a political race, would ever want to find legitimate dirt on the opponent.

What the article ignores is the timing....the only people that knew about any Russian issue at that time was Obama and his minions......there was no Russia!...No Russian specter or involvement know abut then .... that is all hindsight application to make this nefarious.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
The Broken Road

So, clearly, you are entertained.

Read and listen to this: JPM's Jamie Dimon blows up at Washington on earnings call

"It's almost an embarrassment being an American citizen traveling around the world and listening to the stupid s--- we have to deal with in this country," Dimon said in response to an analyst question.

"Since the Great Recession, which is now 8 years old, we've been growing at 1.5 to 2 percent in spite of stupidity and political gridlock, because the American business sector is powerful and strong," he said. "What I'm saying is it would be much stronger growth had we made intelligent decisions and were there not gridlock."

The executive of the U.S. banking giant cited travels to countries such as France, Argentina, Israel and Ireland. The U.S. has become "one of the most bureaucratic, confusing, litigious societies on the planet" and "it's hurting the average American that we don't have these right policies," he said.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
So, clearly, you are entertained.

Read and listen to this: JPM's Jamie Dimon blows up at Washington on earnings call

"It's almost an embarrassment being an American citizen traveling around the world and listening to the stupid s--- we have to deal with in this country," Dimon said in response to an analyst question.

"Since the Great Recession, which is now 8 years old, we've been growing at 1.5 to 2 percent in spite of stupidity and political gridlock, because the American business sector is powerful and strong," he said. "What I'm saying is it would be much stronger growth had we made intelligent decisions and were there not gridlock."

The executive of the U.S. banking giant cited travels to countries such as France, Argentina, Israel and Ireland. The U.S. has become "one of the most bureaucratic, confusing, litigious societies on the planet" and "it's hurting the average American that we don't have these right policies," he said.
Funny, but the questions I keep hearing from foreigners and when traveling, is what he hell is wrong with Donald Trump, and what happened to America.

07 911 S. 12 Audi A3 04 VW R 32 08 CLK 350 Convert
Old 07-14-2017, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

The world is upside down. Alan Dershowitz is backing the R's and Krauthammer is going D.

CK has been an anti Trumper from the get go.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
Who would have ever thought a politicians kid, in a political race, would ever want to find legitimate dirt on the opponent.
That's beside the point, though, right? Trump has been maintaining all along that there were no meetings; that no one in his organization met with the Russians pertaining to the election.

Except they did. Now it is known (not "fake" news) that his election personnel (Manafort for god's sake!!) met with the Russians with the specific intent to obtain information to help them in the election.

Most everyone already knew Trump was a pathological liar. Now everyone knows it.
22/29 torsions, 22/22 adjustable sways, Carrera brakes
Old 07-14-2017, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Well, krauthammer's IQ just dropped ten points. And the daily Kos' average just tripled.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Krauthammer is one of those guys who is usually so spot on and articulate about 99% of the time. But when he's wrong, he's just beyond wrong. He used to be a speech writer for Jimmy Carter. And around 2001 he wrote column in strong favor of paying slavery reparations. That's when I started taking his columns with a grain of salt. Got to meet him once too. Looks very different than on tv, coke bottle glasses and no makeup. Cool motorized wheelchair though.
'83 SC
'87 Carrera
Old 07-14-2017, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

This is a BAIT AND SWITCH SHAUN.....I could care less about a Kraut article...I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HIS FIRING FROM FAUX. That is why I hit the button to read this one.

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 07-14-2017, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Righteous Indignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
This is a BAIT AND SWITCH SHAUN.....I could care less about a Kraut article...I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HIS FIRING FROM FAUX. That is why I hit the button to read this one.
Don't you recognize a prediction?

This completely changes my inner picture of you Tabs.

Oh yeah, Hilda lost
I was wrong again but I will not apologize. I am a madman,
Guy/Beygon
Old 07-14-2017, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
Don't you recognize a prediction?

This completely changes my inner picture of you Tabs.
I don't go to Shaun for predictions....

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 07-14-2017, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Krauthammer is one of those guys who is usually so spot on and articulate about 99% of the time. But when he's wrong, he's just beyond wrong. He used to be a speech writer for Jimmy Carter. And around 2001 he wrote column in strong favor of paying slavery reparations. That's when I started taking his columns with a grain of salt. Got to meet him once too. Looks very different than on tv, coke bottle glasses and no makeup. Cool motorized wheelchair though.
Really? Grain of salt?

Krauthammer nails it, as usual.

Krauthammer nails it. SS is a Ponzi scheme.

Krauthammer sums it up again.

Krauthammer nails it again.

Krauthammer nails it again.

Krauthammer makes my Fridays.

Another of Krauthammer's best

Krauthammer really makes my Fridays

Excellent Krauthammer on Bush today

Krauthammer nails it again, this time on Obama.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't go to Shaun for predictions....
That's why yours are always wrong! Or has the USD lost world currency status and no one told me?
Old 07-14-2017, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Kraut had some more to say.

Syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer once again criticized Donald Trump Jr. for meeting with a Kremlin-linked lawyer in 2016 after being promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton obtained by the Russian government.

Krauthammer, speaking Thursday on “Special Report With Bret Baier” on Fox News, said the emails Trump Jr. released earlier this week “totally undermine a six-month story from the White House ... that there wasn’t any collusion.”

He added, “This was a bungled collusion. This was amateurish collusion. This was Keystone Kops collusion. But it doesn’t change the fact that it was attempted collusion and it undoes the White House story completely.”

07 911 S. 12 Audi A3 04 VW R 32 08 CLK 350 Convert
Old 07-14-2017, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
tis what the lil social experimenters do. :-/

He's keeping up his reputation.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
is there ANYTHING illegal yet? will all the lobbyists/PACs have to change their ways?

Oh yeah, Trump won
I was wrong again but I will not apologize, I am a little man, Mike/satman
Old 07-14-2017, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

So he is always right when he blows sunshine up conservative ass and washes their balls. But if he keeps it real and says what he thinks then he is wrong.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal View Post
So he is always right when he blows sunshine up conservative ass and washes their balls. But if he keeps it real and says what he thinks then he is wrong.
eggsactly. tough having it both ways at times. not easy being a nut con...
Old 07-14-2017, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Reiver

I like Charles and this is his opinion....he's a Dr. of Psychiatry tho and not a lawyer.

Columbia Law Professor Explains why Donald Trump Jr. did Nothing Wrong ⋆ The Constitution
Old 07-14-2017, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: