Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I'm do wonder how many big city / inner city cops are walking ptsd time bombs

That can't be a good environment

Add to that the departure from peace keeping training to " control the situation" training

How does this get fixed???

Last edited by wayner; 07-17-2017 at 09:31 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I read that article this morning.

The first instinct was to react emotionally, but something didn't seem right.
I re-read it and felt something was missing and there was more to this story.

I decided there was not yet enough information to form an INTELLIGENT conclusion.
At that time there wasn't any info of an accidental discharge. need to confirm that part.

EDIT: pretty clear, incompetent PO-PO with an itchy trigger finger needs to go away for a long time for manslaughter.
No excuses, no slack, same rules as for the rest of us.

Last edited by sammyg2; 07-17-2017 at 09:36 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsscott View Post
What changed in '08?
They became THE ENEMY, from the top down.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
I read that article this morning.

The first instinct was to react emotionally, but something didn't seem right.
I re-read it and felt something was missing and there was more to this story.

I decided there was not yet enough information to form an INTELLIGENT conclusion.
At that time there wasn't any info of an accidental discharge. need to confirm that part.

EDIT: pretty clear, incompetent PO-PO with an itchy trigger finger needs to go away for a long time for manslaughter.
No excuses, no slack, same rules as for the rest of us.

Obamas fault. Got it.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

How'd you glean that, upscott?

Maybe she was scheduled to testify against Hillary.
1996 Ducati 900SS/CR - Luccia
Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocaholic View Post
How'd you glean that, upscott?

Maybe she was scheduled to testify against Hillary.

Sammys '08 comment. I assume that's what he's referring to.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
závodník 'X'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

Add to that the departure from peace keeping training to " control the situation" training

In regards to the OP and as of right now, the details are minimal.

But in response to your question, I believe a top to bottom reform for every PD and independent public counsel of 20 to 50 members should monitor the hen house. Permanently remove the problem individuals and keep the PD's swept impeccable.

I've seen way too much corruption from the local and county's. Plus, they all cover each other.

And for me personally, 27 years ago was attacked by a fat arse gun wielding cop with twenty witnesses in full view and seeing what happened. I received a nice pile of charges including some pretty damning. Incredible enough, the day before 'my' court time, a representing detective of the PD came in to see me. Tells me the case was just found upon his desk and very concerned. Especially since I had the many witnesses -, hand written accounts of the event.

Day of court, I walked into a complete empty courtroom with only a judge. He asked what was I doing here? There was no need for me to be there and all the charges had been dropped.

My attorney later called and begged for me to file suit upon the city. I declined.

A few days later, the Chief of PD came in and apologized. Explained the sugar high rabid cop was on service leave / discipline BS. I told him it be better if he was removed from any further work in the police field. Clearly a 'person' with imbalance and carrying a gun.

I know many, many cops and of various law agencies to top fed. Many too as well that left because THEY HATED the peer pressure. No matter how sunny picture perfect a day may seem, all hell can break loose at any time -even in the privacy of your home and accidentally get killed by a cop. Right or wrong, they can just do it and answer questions later.
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

fire the ones who are likely to shoot citizens
there should be higher turnover in the ranks maybe 10% every year
it should not be seen as a lifetime job for all of them
let the over-stressed go to unarmed jobs

my change in the law
as they can't convict killer cops
make a rule
shoot one citizen never work armed anywhere ever again as a cop
as now the worst get fired , and go down the road to be rehired
Old 07-17-2017, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
The article is fairly thin on facts. Article on BBC is based upon this one so not any better.

The one thing that sticks out is comments about body cameras not being turned on. It would not have mattered. Dark outside, body cam on a person sitting and likely not even turned in the relevant direction of the shot. This is just a rabbit hole and probably no malice re: body cams.

There may be malice elsewhere or itchy trigger finger but the body cam stuff is pointless.

I am waiting for the riots though. We do have those for all people killed by the police don't we?
1995 993 Carrera 4 SOLD
2004 Land Rover Discovery II G4 Edition (Sold )
Old 07-17-2017, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
I know that neighborhood well, pretty prominent area near the lakes. Sounds like she was just talking to another officer about an assault in the area when shot? Definitely curious to see how this one plays out.

Source IDs police officer who fatally shot Justine Damond - StarTribune.com

http://mnpoliceclips.com/Minneapolis-----XX-Washburn-Ave-S---ShootingIt-sounds-.html

Quote:
The Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed Justine Damond in the alley behind her home Saturday night has been identified as officer Mohamed Noor. Noor, 31, joined the department in March 2015 as the first Somali police officer to patrol the 5th Precinct in southwest Minneapolis.
How will the left react when the bad cop is Somali
Old 07-17-2017, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Aussies gave up their guns and are easy targets now.

All the cops had to do was hear her accent and it was like shooting fish in the barrel.

Seriously, a cop not in control of his/her weapon should not be allowed to serve anywhere ever again.
George, Architect
Old 07-17-2017, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rinse and repeat.

This will keep happening over and over and the tax payer gets handed the multimillion dollar bills for them saying 'I was scared' those magic words that let cops murder anybody.

Until there is real reform nothing is gonna change. Atleast half the cops don't need guns. Most of the cops I see around here are just doing construction duty sitting in their cars year after year watching construction workers redo roads. Do they need guns? Why can't a security guard do the same job with lower pay and no gun?

Unless like cops are forced to have their own liability insurance like most other professionals do then don't act shocked this won't change.

trump made all of this worse with his phony police reform where he called a bunch of fat cat police chiefs heros for nothing. That too is part of the issue here.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

the lefties don't know whether to **** or what.
They are brainwashed to hate cops but only when they shoot black peoples.

This (black) cop shot a white woman, their liberal manual doesn't cover that scenario.
Are they supposed to call her a racist or something?
LOL idiots. Yes you.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsscott View Post
What changed in '08?
The bigots awoke.

07 911 S. 12 Audi A3 04 VW R 32 08 CLK 350 Convert
Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

I see the cop was a raghead. He probably shot her for not wearing a burkha.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wilson View Post
Prior to 2008, cops in US were not on edge like they have been since.
^^^

100% fake news.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

On July 16, 2009, Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., was arrested at his Cambridge, Massachusetts home by local police officer Sgt. James Crowley, who was responding to a 9-1-1 caller's report of men breaking and entering the residence. The arrest initiated a series of events that unfolded under the spotlight of the international news media.

The arrest occurred just after Gates returned home to Cambridge after a trip to China to research the ancestry of Yo-Yo Ma for Faces of America.[2] Gates found the front door to his home jammed shut and, with the help of his driver, tried to force it open. A local witness reported their activity to the police as a potential burglary in progress.

Accounts regarding the ensuing confrontation differ, but Gates was arrested by the responding officer, Cambridge Police Sgt. James Crowley, and charged with disorderly conduct. On July 21, the charges against Gates were dropped. The arrest generated a national debate about whether or not it represented an example of racial profiling by police.

On July 22, President Barack Obama said about the incident, "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home, and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately." Law enforcement organizations and members objected to Obama's comments and criticized his handling of the issue. In the aftermath, Obama stated that he regretted his comments and hoped that the situation could become a "teachable moment".[3]

On July 24, Obama invited both parties to the White House to discuss the issue over beer, and on July 30, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden joined Crowley and Gates in a private, cordial meeting in a courtyard near the White House Rose Garden; this became known colloquially as the "Beer Summit".

wiki
Old 07-17-2017, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal View Post
Rinse and repeat.

This will keep happening over and over and the tax payer gets handed the multimillion dollar bills for them saying 'I was scared' those magic words that let cops murder anybody.

Until there is real reform nothing is gonna change. Atleast half the cops don't need guns. Most of the cops I see around here are just doing construction duty sitting in their cars year after year watching construction workers redo roads. Do they need guns? Why can't a security guard do the same job with lower pay and no gun?

Unless like cops are forced to have their own liability insurance like most other professionals do then don't act shocked this won't change.

trump made all of this worse with his phony police reform where he called a bunch of fat cat police chiefs heros for nothing. That too is part of the issue here.
and last week a black female officer was shot in the head as she sat in her car

you are correct, she didn't need a gun

Oh yeah, Trump won
I was wrong again but I will not apologize, I am a little man, Mike/satman
Old 07-17-2017, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

^ I agree. Cops have to be armed. But Jesus, shooting past your partner to hit a woman in her pajamas. WTF?
Old 07-17-2017, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyGon View Post
and last week a black female officer was shot in the head as she sat in her car

you are correct, she didn't need a gun
She wasn't doing construction detail.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: