Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific NorthWest -US (WA/ID/OR/UT/HI/AK)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ducati of Seattle and Four Other Shops Closed

It looks like Ducati of Seattle, Redmond Ducati, BMW of Seattle, Hinshaw's Honda and Indian Motorcycles in Auburn have all been shut down by the bank.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/local-business/5-local-motorcycle-dealerships-abruptly-closed-by-their-owner-a-microsoft-executive/

These are (were) all owned under the NobleRush brand, which is really one Howard Crow, a Microsoft executive. I'm not sure how he obtained three out of four of these dealerships, but I know he elbowed his way into full ownership of Ducati of Seattle through less than honorable or honest means. Now he has run all four into the ground, and has left nearly one hundred employees high and dry, not to mention many customers whose bikes were in for service or who have paid for bikes they have not yet received. I hope this works out for all involved... what a mess...
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 09-24-2019, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I rode past the BMW / Ducati dealership on Lake City Way about a week ago. It was a Sunday, but it still looked funny as I went by. Traffic was heavy so I didn't get a good look - but I remember thinking it was too quiet and deserted. Now I see why.

I hope Dave is happy and doing well at Seattle Used Bikes - it's too bad he's not still at Ducati. It would be interesting to hear his side of this. I already have an excuse to go down there - I think I'll pay him a visit sometime soon.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The story behind all of this is slowly coming out. Crow apparently defaulted on a loan with which he purchased 180 new Ducatis, 93 for the Lake City store and 87 for the Redmond store. Dave tells me that at its peak, Ducati of Seattle was selling 40-50 new bikes per year. That volume was considered quite good in that market. The Triumph shop in Seattle, by way of example, sells 60-80 per year with a brand that has always enjoyed much higher sales volume. Ducati has always been a niche brand, and has never even approached the kind of volume required to support that kind of an inventory.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/local-business/lawsuit-microsoft-manager-turned-motorcycle-dealers-firms-owed-millions-of-dollars-on-new-bikes/

It looks like Crow is "traveling overseas" and is "unavailable" at the moment... He is being sued by the finance company, he has lost all of his dealerships... karma really is a beach...
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 10-09-2019, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: