Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific NorthWest -US (WA/ID/OR/UT/HI/AK)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Ornery Bastard

Seattle/Tacoma area body shop recommendations?

The time is finally coming for me to address the fact that my '86 951 has 34 years of dents and dings and stone chips. I'm looking for a recommendation on a body shop that can do a proper repaint and exterior restoration this fall/winter. Most shops I've talked with seem either uninterested in any work that isn't from an insurance repair or slightly sketchy with regard to quality. Any of you all in the area have recommendations for a good restoration shop?

For reference, I expect this to be an $8,000 to $12,000 job for a true factory finish that will likely include replacing a few rubber seals as well (doors, hatch, and sunroof seals are all new, but the window seals are probably due). Despite the ubiquity of Guards Red, I intend to keep the same color.

The car as it is now it's reasonably clean and straight aside from a dent in the passenger side door/rear fender where an idiot reversed into the car in a parking lot recently. The good side of the car: https://i.imgur.com/U39UCYT.jpg

Anyone who knows of a shop that will do quality work, I welcome your advice!

Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)

Last edited by AaronM; 03-04-2020 at 09:12 AM..
Old 03-04-2020, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you are willing to bring it to CA, we might be able to tackle it.

www.re-union.com
Old 03-09-2020, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

check out DG Vintage Coachworks on instagram. If they don't take it they will know who would
Old 03-16-2020, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
i've been out of touch with body shops for a while and i know reputations rise and fall. wondering if eurotech or haury's is still good? they were the only two in the area that used the porsche factory glasurit paint by default.

eurotech:
https://eurotechbodywerkes.com/

haury's:
https://www.hauryscollision.com/

Old 03-17-2020, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: