Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific NorthWest -US (WA/ID/OR/UT/HI/AK)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Bye, Bye.

Is there some kind of Saturday morning thing going on this weekend?

Old 08-06-2014, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1681 (permalink)

My Saturday morning thing will be taking a whole load of unused lumber from my Garage project back to Dunn. Anyone who wants to is welcome to join me ;-)

2006 Forester STI, 1992 BMW 325 Cab S52 M3, 1952 MG TD with F20C
Old 08-06-2014, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1682 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Is there some kind of Saturday morning thing going on this weekend?

only if you bring a porsche!
'62 356 T-6 Hardtop 62 OutlawR - porsche collection complete!
'66 mercedes W111 euro s/r coupe - "silence is the sound of discretion!"
Old 08-06-2014, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1683 (permalink)
abides.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscean911/914 View Post
only if you bring a porsche!
awwwwww
guess i'm out.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1684 (permalink)
Bye, Bye.

I will lend you my matchbox "real" RS if you need to borrow a car.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1685 (permalink)
Registered

North enders - you know what to do. Cathcart Store. 7:30. Sharp.
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 08-07-2014, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1686 (permalink)

did someone call the gaslamp to tell them we'll be there? - that's what they wanted last month

for the first time ever, i'll do my best to meet up in snohomish! - have the 356 back and doing the initial break-in - limit at 4k rpm

see ya

btothek
Old 08-07-2014, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1687 (permalink)

wow!

- i'll let others post the details

- but that's it for the gas lamp

- super high kudos you guys, who woke up extra early for a nice time, which went very sideways, but we all still managed to keep our cools, without needing to stand our ground

- the nutcase waitress and her looser barmaid boyfriend just don't know how lucky there were . . .

see you next month

brad
Old 08-09-2014, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1688 (permalink)

Garage
It's my wife's birthday and I was going to say that I was sorry to miss this. But maybe not?
Old 08-09-2014, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1689 (permalink)
Registered

Made it to trade steering wheels with Rich. Sorry I didn't really get a chance to meet anyone else as I had to get back home to watch my son.

All of the cars looked fantastic. Looking forward to seeing the red targa completed, I spotted some fun parts on it.

Now I just need to get mine on the road and hit some of these events. Sounds like I missed something unpleasant at the restaurant...
Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1690 (permalink)
"farking Porsche hero"

Garage
If it had been a western movie, there would have been at least 3 dead people laying in the street when the dust settled. Classic Jeff Eastwood and Scooter "Wait, my leg's stuck in the chair!" Wayne action flic.
'66 911 #303872
'07 Cayman
'17 Macan
'58 Land Rover S2 88"
Old 08-09-2014, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1691 (permalink)
3 restos WIP = psycho

Y'all's a bunch of hooligan hoonerz, s'why you don't sees me no more.

...or it's the kids.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 08-09-2014, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1692 (permalink)

Registered

Talk about surreal...

Nine of us went in and sat down for breakfast, pretty much like happens every morning in restaurants across America. No big deal, right?

At least until the waitress gets all snitty about the size of the group, and the fact that we didn't call ahead. Yes, that has been an issue, and yes we keep telling her "we" will call - yet no one will. I get the feeling everyone wants me to be the "we", but that's another issue...

So she calls her boss and starts griping about us (after having thrown the menus down on our table). The conversation goes on for quite awhile, and it's getting pretty clear that she probably won't serve us. Then she comes to the table, holds the phone out, and says her general manager wants to talk to one of us. And - no kidding - everyone points to me. O.k., I can handle this...

The manager was very cool about it. He started out asking who he was speaking with, so I said "M. Scoot Mikel, attorney at law, but my friends call me 'Scooter'". We had a pleasant chat, I returned the phone, and thought that was it. I told him we would try to get more organized and have someone call.

That when it got really weird. Some seemingly random guy at the bar turns around and starts railing on us. Turns out he is her husband. He walks up to me and calls me a "farking jerk" and says we've promised to call every month and never do, called me a few more choice names, and was acting quite the tough guy.

So, I asked him if he could back any of that up, and invited him outside to do just that. Out the front door we go... I'm just about to starting pounding him like a tent stake when I hear this shrill "if you touch him I'm calling the police" from behind me. It's crazy waitress lady, waving her phone in the air.

Trying to both shame and provoke the guy, I asked him if he was going to back up what he said or hide behind the crazy ****'s skirt (yes, I used the "c" word). He started babbling and backpeddling. I was itching to just get on with it. He finally apologizes, rather sheepishly, so I shook his hand and accepted his apology.

Then it got almost comical. Crazy little waitress lady starts threatening Scooter, telling him she could kick his ass and squash him like a bug, making bug squishing motions with her foot on the sidewalk. I started laughing, turned to our tough guy hero, and said "you have to live with that? Brother, you have my deepest and most profound sympathy...".

Anyhoo, we did find a much better place for breakfast. It's right on Gilman Blvd, just a couple blocks west of the XXX. They had no problem with a big party (we were up to 11 by then) and have far, far better food, plus lots of parking. We'll have to try it again next month, but I think we have found a home.
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 08-10-2014, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1693 (permalink)
Registered

Sounds like they are in the wrong business. 9-10 paying customers on a Saturday am. General manager needs a call back to tell him that thanks to his staff and her friends you are taking that business elsewhere.
'07 RDX
Old 08-10-2014, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1694 (permalink)
Bye, Bye.

BTW: Jeff, he called you an F'ing Dyck.

I encourage all to write a bad review in whatever social media you use.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1695 (permalink)

jeff - thanks for a gentleman's accounting - sorry, you were put on the spot -

when bat ***** crazy waitress' husband came at you (why you?) i remember his tirade to be worse, and your response was only to leave - i was probably the fourth guy out, and i remember that guy following you and scooter -

i couldn't believe how you kept your cool - my temper went straight to redline so i quickly confined myself in my car for an emotional cool down lap

per the internet, the manager's name is scott armstrong and the business is owned by maple street llc - the LLC's owner is ken hodge, who i think owned a very large construction company in issaquah

they could have said, "sorry guys, you didn't call ahead - we can't serve you" - although not the best circumstance, all of this could have been avoided

i'm thinking not only the owner should be contacted (the manager was supposedly on the phone the entire time with waitress squeaky fromme, so i'm not optimistic there) but also the issaquah chamber of commerce, BBB, etc

fortunately, the internet is a great way to report on these type of things - Gaslamp Bar & Grill - Issaquah, WA | Yelp - seven more one star reviews to go!

i thought i hung with you guys to stay away from the drama!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1696 (permalink)

Now I understand what was exactly going on! (English as a 2nd language..some choice words are not in my vocabulary 'o') Sorry you had to go thru all that, Jeff! Yes, I already posted on yelp, but forgot about BBB (good idea).

Last edited by Sho968; 08-10-2014 at 09:59 AM..
Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1697 (permalink)
Registered

I shouldn't post on yelp as I was not there but good grief 9 people we do that all the time at my office. Sure some times you run into the large party tip on the bill. Big deal.
'07 RDX
Old 08-10-2014, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1698 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

GasLamp Bar and Grill
1315 NW Mall St
Issaquah, WA 98027
Phone: (425) 392-4547
Fax: (425) 557-1093
Email: info@gaslampbarandgrill.com

General Manager: Scott Armstrong
Email: scotty@gaslambarandgrill.com
Old 08-10-2014, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1699 (permalink)

check the filtered reviews on yelp (bottom of the page)

looks like a non porsche guy witnessed the event:

"Bill C.

Bill C.
Lynnwood, WA

0 friends
1 review

1.0 star rating
8/10/2014

Never again. There is an apparently crazy little ***** of a waitress working here that has some serious issues. I sat there in shock just this last Saturday morning as she had it out with what looked like a pretty normal group of just over half a dozen people who simply came in for breakfast. I don't know if there was any history between them or not. Does not matter. She quit waiting on us and focused her full attention on *****ing at them. Then some drunk at the bar (this was 8:30 on Saturday morning!!!) who was apparently her husband started in as well. This group left (of course), but the waitress and the drunk followed them out. What an awkward moment. We left as well, having never been served. Stay away - this place is no more than a haven for crazy waitresses (does she spit in the food?) and early morning drunks. There are far, far more inviting venues in Issaquah."

i wonder if the WA State liquor control would like to know the time and amount they are serving? Or do those rules not apply when the drunk is an employee's relative?

still simmering . . .

Old 08-10-2014, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1700 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: