Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific NorthWest -US (WA/ID/OR/UT/HI/AK)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
abides.

Garage
I remember thinking it was odd when last month she accused us of coming there for two years and never calling ahead.
Looking back through this thread, it appears we first ate at the CrapLamp in November.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1701 (permalink)
Registered

Sounds like she is off her meds or need different ones.
'07 RDX
Old 08-11-2014, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1702 (permalink)

All of my reviews (witness account) on Yelp goes into "unrecommended review" (at the bottom) by their fuzzy algorithm filtering software, so I just give up now (Bystander's account is also buried there). Now I know where to click for real reviews when I check Yelp ... the truth is buried in there.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1703 (permalink)
Registered

Yelp is a funny beast. I think if the owner pays then only the good ones will show up.
'07 RDX
Old 08-11-2014, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1704 (permalink)
Registered

wha! I step out to Chicago for a few days and miss a fight with the barmaid. You probably could have taken her!

al
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 08-11-2014, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1705 (permalink)

hey guys - it's been one week since the gaslamp incident - during this week, i had communications with it's owner ken hodge -

ken sounds like a very colorful older guy, and the gaslamp appears to have its own long term "culture" that we happened to enter into - the waitress is alie and her husband is jim, who ken described as the "kramer" of the gaslamp - ken went into great detail about the super moon, and the pitfalls of having female employee's, and i'll just file that talk under "colorful older guy"!

again, ken has a lot of personality, and it sounds like he is truly very sorry this all happened - i frankly suggested to him that he fire the waitress, ban her husband from the gaslamp - that was a no go - not much of a surprise - i also told him that a sincere written apology always helps, and ken did follow up with an email to me, which i have posted the pertinent details below:

". . . On behalf of Ali, Jim, and myself
please find it in your heart to accept our sincere apology for putting you
all in such a hostile environment! As for Ali there is a reason we call her
Ally Cat. Ali has worked for me for the last nine years and has a great
reputation in our community. I am sorry I can't meet your demand to fire
her. She works hard at a low paying job and is a terrific mother to her
daughter. Firing her would put her and her family at an extreme hardship
that I hope you can understand.

Jim he too is sorry for his actions and the position he put the Gaslamp in.
As for Jim I have known him for over twenty years as a friend neighbor and
employee that is full of testosterone as you witnessed. Jim works hard
supporting his family and is a great father to his daughter . . .

As for me, I am just a no good piece of **** that has met a weekly payroll
for 38 years. Every day I try to do my best and treat my employees and
friends with respect. Please don't discount the power the full moon played
in this whole crime scene. To my knowledge nobody was asked to leave, no
fights started . . .

So to that end Ali, Jim and myself are asking you and your fellow Club
Members to forgive us for our role in making your experience at the Gaslamp
such a negative one. We truly are very sorry.

Ali & Jim
Ken Hodge"

all in all, hopefully this brings all of this to a conclusion - again, a sincere apology to jeff for in anyway putting him in this rotten position - and a thanks to scooter for not taking any crap

i don't know if we'll be back to the gaslamp, but if so, perhaps i'll call ahead!

cheers - brad
'62 356 T-6 Hardtop 62 OutlawR - porsche collection complete!
'66 mercedes W111 euro s/r coupe - "silence is the sound of discretion!"
Old 08-16-2014, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1706 (permalink)
Registered

Brad,

Ken Hodge has a semi-smooth way of saying **** you.

regards,
al
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 08-16-2014, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1707 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al lkosmal View Post
. . .a semi-smooth way of saying **** you. . . .
hey al - that's a distinct possibility, but he didn't have to call me back or email me, so i give him credit for the effort - see ya soon! b
Old 08-16-2014, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1708 (permalink)

Brad - Thanks for going your extra steps to contact the owner and obtaining the above statement, because at least now I know the background (no longer a mystery).

That being said, will I ever go back? NEVER. Note the lack of the word 'customer' in Ken's statement. He has just excluded the 'customers' from what he described as 'our community' (although he seems to embrace it, saw it in its web site).
To clarify, he is asking his customers to watch the moon in fear (and wonder if they get served or cursed that day), because his business swings with it. To me as a customer and a business owner, it simply does not pass the test. As a worker, I never ask for forgiveness for not delivering what I'm supposed to deliver, and then ask for my paycheck.

Again, thank you for making the above clear to me, Brad (I really do!!).

Last edited by Sho968; 08-17-2014 at 08:36 PM..
Old 08-17-2014, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1709 (permalink)
Registered

Mr. Hodge is a fool. He is sitting on a ticking time bomb. If Jim had been half as tough once we got outside where he could have shown me just how tough he thought he was, the day would have ended quite differently for everyone involved. Jim would have had a very bad day. I likely would have spent at least part of it in jail. Mr. Hodge would have been facing a significant lawsuit, and possibly the loss of his entire business, not just some business.

So what is Mr. Hodge going to do when the day comes that Jim does not feel he has to hide behind that crazy little kunt's skirts? When he decides he might have a chance, and decides to at least try to back up his mouth? He could lose everything. As a business owner, can he really accept that kind of liability? Or is he that confident that Jim will always be the coward hiding behind his wife? Who knows, maybe he's amply demonstrated this already...
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 08-19-2014, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1710 (permalink)

hey jeff - don't hold back - we're all friends here!

if i were hodge, first thing i would have done is to fire the ali/jim dream team - that would probably solve the majority of the problem

but like ross perot, with his old timey country charm, hodge is the captain of his ship of fools

what a bunch of chumps

what's the new locale for saturday breakfasts?

b
Old 08-19-2014, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1711 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
that is truly an empty apology letter. no offer to make it up to the customer? no offer to make things right? no offer of compensation of any sort?

at least now we know where NOT to go. ever.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1712 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscean911/914 View Post
hey jeff - don't hold back - we're all friends here!

if i were hodge, first thing i would have done is to fire the ali/jim dream team - that would probably solve the majority of the problem

but like ross perot, with his old timey country charm, hodge is the captain of his ship of fools

what a bunch of chumps

what's the new locale for saturday breakfasts?

b
We found a place on Gilman Blvd about halfway between the 12th Street Cafe and the XXX. They had no problem seating 11 of us and have a huge parking lot out back. The food was wonderful. They do not accept reservations, so we are under no obligation to call ahead. The place is called Eggs and Us. Google maps will show you right were it is.

Peter - could you edit the first post (yet again...) and put a link in it? Thanks.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1713 (permalink)
Retired Member

Garage
Crap, we never have this excitement in Canada. Likely because we are all too busy saying "Sorry" to one another. I need to get out more............
Old 08-24-2014, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1714 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Higgins View Post
We found a place on Gilman Blvd about halfway between the 12th Street Cafe and the XXX. They had no problem seating 11 of us and have a huge parking lot out back. The food was wonderful. They do not accept reservations, so we are under no obligation to call ahead. The place is called Eggs and Us. Google maps will show you right were it is.

Peter - could you edit the first post (yet again...) and put a link in it? Thanks.
already done two weeks ago.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1715 (permalink)
3 restos WIP = psycho

Egg and Us. GOOD breakfast. Cinnamon rolls are killer.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 08-25-2014, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1716 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie V View Post
Crap, we never have this excitement in Canada. Likely because we are all too busy saying "Sorry" to one another. . .
hey charlie - if the craplamp employees were 1% as polite as you guys in Canada, this would have never happened!!

b
Old 08-25-2014, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1717 (permalink)
Banned but not out, yet..

Garage
Egg and us does a good job. I am going to order the 'Patty Melt-down' so I can watch Mr Higgins do a reinactment.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1718 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Garage
Thank you for taking the time to inform Better Business Bureau of your experience with Gaslamp Bar & Grill. BBB has made several attempts to contact the business regarding your complaint, and we are disappointed to inform you we have not received a response. We are closing this complaint as unanswered.

It is important to note, however, that your feedback regarding your experience will not be ignored. Your complaint and the fact that it went unanswered will be reflected on the business' BBB Business Review for the next three years. Your complaint will also help BBB monitor the business for a pattern of behavior.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1719 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBob View Post
Egg and us does a good job. I am going to order the 'Patty Melt-down' so I can watch Mr Higgins do a reinactment.
Sorry, sucka - you missed the big show, and there likely won't be an encore.

Unless, of course, some little waitress threatens to squish Scooter like a bug again...

Old 09-10-2014, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1720 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: