Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Pacific NorthWest -US (WA/ID/OR/UT/HI/AK) (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pacific-northwest-us-wa-id-ut-hi-ak/)
-   -   Porsche Saturday Breakfasts -2nd saturday monthly (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pacific-northwest-us-wa-id-ut-hi-ak/267147-porsche-saturday-breakfasts-2nd-saturday-monthly.html)

Jeff Higgins 02-18-2006 01:29 PM

Porsche Saturday Breakfasts -2nd saturday monthly

=====================
edit: 8/10/2014

NOTE:
xxx rootbeer will not be opening early due to jose jr's employment elsewhere. as a result, we are now having these monthly breakfasts at The Egg & Us Restaurant just 1 mile west down the road.

The Egg & Us Restaurant
375 NW Gilman Blvd
Issaquah, WA 98027
Phone: (425) 557-1919

8:30am start time.
=====================
for early risers who love to drive the back roads before traffic, a group meets at the cathcart store in snohomish, just north of woodinville and south of everett for the drive down to gaslamp. this group departs promptly at 7:30am so get there on time or you'll miss the group.

approximate address is:
16403 Broadway Avenue
Snohomish, WA 98296

map of location is:
http://tinyurl.com/cathcartstore
=====================
the below information is for historical reference. please disregard.

The XXX No Gruppe will be gathering at the XXX Root Beer Drive-In in Issaquah on every second Saturday of the month, starting in March. Jose Jr., our gracious host, has agreed to open his doors for us at 9:00 AM. Show up whenever you want; there are usually folks there for several hours at least. Drive whatever you want; this started out as a Porsche gathering, but when last held had grown to include BMW's, Corvettes, and other makes as well. Everyone is welcome. Here is everything you need to know about the XXX and how to get there, courtesy of nize:

http://issaquahhistory.org/sites/xxxdrivein.htm

teenerted1 02-18-2006 02:18 PM

i'm in.;) SmileWavy

RANDY P 02-18-2006 02:34 PM

Sure - I've forgotten what it's like to drive my 911...

Dave Nordhoff 02-18-2006 03:11 PM

My SC is coming off the jack stands this week. I'm in.
Dave

Drago 02-18-2006 04:18 PM

You know I'm in. ;)

LakeCleElum 02-18-2006 05:29 PM

Lets do it........We always had a good turnout there........

Scooter 02-18-2006 09:31 PM

I've talked to Jose and Jose Jr. on several occasions about the breakfasts, and they told me that they never wanted to stop.

I've thought about starting them up again, but I have chosen not to pursue it for many reasons; here are two of what I feel are the most important:

1) I think it may be better to have the meetings at a different location each month so that it is not only fair to everyone (travel time and sleep time), but also more diverse, so our meetings don’t get stale.

2) Because Jose opens specifically for us, I feel like we really need to support him and every person should order a breakfast. I've heard several people complain about the breakfast (price and menu), so I am not sure if we could adequately guarantee the support he deserves.

I've also talked to a few people about some of our meetings taking place at lunch, after a drive. If we choose to do this, then lunch at XXX would be a great place.

Please don't get me wrong about XXX. I really would like to see our group support Jose, but I want to make sure we will commit financially to him, prior to having Jose commit to us.

These are just some thoughts that I have had. I really don’t know what the answer is, but I am sure the group will make a good decision. It is good to have the group decide rather than one individual, so let’s see everyone’s thoughts.

cnielsen 02-19-2006 07:54 AM

Definately in but agree about the food. I think we just need to tell Jose to include an agioplasty and a rib spreader with every meal :) Seriously though, we need to tell him to stay a little on the healthier side. Lunch would also be a great idea but I think it would not work for as many people just because of busy weekend schedules.

We need to do something that is consistant because the turnout at the other functions has been dismal in comparison.

Plus, the ST is almost done and I need to show it off!!!

WOLVERINE 02-19-2006 08:12 AM

I would like to be in.....even though im a rookie....teenerted1 can vouch for me...although my fuel pump went out on me and the wife after a ride thru chuckanut dr in fairhaven yesterday,so we continued to shop and eat and then called the tow company.....by the way is this thread about getting together or restaurants? just curious.......ever think about driving up north?

Scooter 02-19-2006 09:11 AM

There is never a question about getting together. This thread is about the restaurant. XXX is a great place and Jose is very supportive of our group. Being new, Wolverine, you are likely unaware of our history with XXX.

Most of the drivers are between Everett and Tacoma, so I doubt North of Everett will be of interest to many.

Drago 02-19-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by WOLVERINE
I would like to be in.....even though im a rookie....teenerted1 can vouch for me...although my fuel pump went out on me and the wife after a ride thru chuckanut dr in fairhaven yesterday,so we continued to shop and eat and then called the tow company.....by the way is this thread about getting together or restaurants? just curious.......ever think about driving up north?
Only if we get to stop and have pizza a Stanello's!!!

We did a drive up your way a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, we pick the day of the annual Oyster Run to Annacortes so the roads were clogged with slow moving Harleys and assorted metric crap.

Oh and having teenerted vouch for you is like calling Monica Lewinsky your girl friend. ;) :D :cool:

WOLVERINE 02-19-2006 09:53 AM

just thought i'd ask,i live in mount vernon,and am willing
to go to great lengths or distances to get together with a good group of people,for good food and a good drive,so if that means going ALL THE WAY to everett or tacoma in my 911 so be it.....but thanks for the bit of info on most drivers being from areas between everett and tacoma......cheers

Gunter 02-19-2006 12:06 PM

Drago: I wouldn't have minded having Monica with me in Hawaii; just got back to minus 15 Celsius after 3 weeks of bliss in the sun.
cnielsen: Appreciate your concern: Angioplasty, or quad. bypasses, are in great demand because of all the grease being consumed.
I think the XXX is pretty funky but one look at the menu convinced me that no poly-unsaturated fat is being used there. Ha, ha.
March is too early for me but April has the Sovren Defrost Kick-off in Auburn. How about finding a Mexican, or Thay place, so that there is a choice between edible, and inedible chow.

Jeff Higgins 02-19-2006 01:34 PM

O.k. folks, I ran back down to talk to Jose Jr. this afternoon. We are ON for the second Saturday in March, the 11th. He will be opening the doors for the early birds at 8:30 am. Spread the word; let's make it worth his while.

Looking back over the couple of years I've been running around with you guys, it really does look to me like this is our best venue, all things considered. Granted, maybe not the best food, but I think everything else the XXX has to offer kind of overcomes that.

Jose really wants us there and is willing to bend over backwards to see us back. Our best turnouts have always been there. There is always plenty of parking. There is no need for reservations. We pretty much have the place to ourselves. It's a consistant, reliable place to meet so folks don't have to confirm every month that there is something going on somewhere. We don't have to rely on some one to show initiative every month to organize something. Remember, that didn't happen last month. Everybody thought somebody was going to do something and it didn't happen. This way, everybody just shows up. Same time, same place; no question. While we have gone places with better food, we have always had a hassle with either parking, reservations, location, or whatever. And turnouts have been way down.

So let's give this a shot and see how it goes. When we weigh all the advantages vs. the dissadvantages, I think returning to the XXX wins out. Anyone else who thinks so, just show up and join us. See you on the 11th.

Scooter 02-19-2006 02:00 PM

Good work Jeff! It's great to see the initiative. I think you are right on all accounts above. I would really like to see all of us really work to make this worth Jose's time and effort.

See you at XXX!!! :)

WolfeMacleod 02-19-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Higgins
Everybody thought somebody was going to do something and it didn't happen. ....See you on the 11th.
I'm in. I went to several of them last year....and missed them...:confused:

teenerted1 02-20-2006 07:51 AM

Jeff
you have hit the nail on the head. i like the idea of a regular place to meet every month. probably a better way to keep the numbers up if we keep it the same from month to month instead of moving it around all the time. don't have to check the board all the time just show up and have some fun.

lets get back to supporting Jose. and if the food is too fattening. is seam to remember the last time we were there he did have out a pot of free coffee.

if we want to try a different place for breakfast why not do it on a different weekend.

also notice the weekend of the 11-12th there is an enduro at SIR. maybe we can do a drive down there after to see whats up at the track.:D

jeffgrant 02-20-2006 08:49 AM

I'm in. I'll see what I can do to bring down another small Canadian contingent.

So... do we get maps with the waiver this time?

RSlater 02-20-2006 09:05 AM

Breakfast!! Hmmm I'm in. http://www.pelicanparts.com/support/.../cheeburga.gif

teenerted1 02-20-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RSlater
Breakfast!! Hmmm I'm in. http://www.pelicanparts.com/support/.../cheeburga.gif
bringing the duck?
:confused:

RSlater 02-20-2006 09:27 AM

Yep
Been driving it daily now

Jeff Higgins 02-20-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jeffgrant
I'm in. I'll see what I can do to bring down another small Canadian contingent.

So... do we get maps with the waiver this time?

That would be great to see you guys coming down again.

Waivers and maps... hmmm... No Gruppe... hmmm... I'm not making the connection here. The PCA provides all the waivers and maps you could ever possibly need. Feel free to bring some along in case we overwhelm Jose and he runs out of napkins.:D

Drago 02-20-2006 10:53 AM

If you order the breakfast sandwich you'll need plenty of maps...er, napkins.;)

Rex Walter 02-20-2006 02:57 PM

I've been lurking here long enough....I'd like to join you guys on March 11. Is it the XXX at 98 N.E. Gilman Blvd? It sounds like most will be coming down from up North (I live near Mill Creek). There are responses from:

Jeff Higgins – Lynnwood
Drago – I think you live up near me somewhere.
Wolverine – Mt Vernon
Jeff Grant and the Vancouver contingent
RSlater – North of Seattle

We could start a South bound caravan - or is that a convoy?

I'm hoping that my car will back on the road by then. Work keeps getting in the way of my important Porsche projects.

Rex

dailydriven911 02-20-2006 03:26 PM

I'm in...i'll mark my calendar.

Jeff Higgins 02-20-2006 04:36 PM

Yup, that's the one, Rex. We usually get a pretty good North end contingent heading down as a group. Myself, Drago, RSlater, Teenerted, and at least a couple more of the usual suspects will gather up here for the drive down. Wear your drivin' shoes... Pirates' Code applies - "fall behind and you're left behind (actually, they're more like guidlines...)". Looking forward to having you join us.

Mark Bryan 02-20-2006 04:52 PM

Looking forward to it - Count me in!

Rex Walter 02-20-2006 04:57 PM

Jeff,

I'll either keep up or I'll have to invoke the rite of parlay. Another round of grog for me and me mates!

Rex

Drago 02-21-2006 07:14 AM

Rex,

I'm just east of Mill Creek off of 132nd and Sno-Cascade Dr.

We usually meet at my place and convoy down to the XXX taking the back roads down the Snoqualmie Valley (High Bridge Rd. etc...).

I'll be sure to post a meeting time as the date approaches. PM me an email address for you and I'll send you directions.

FWIW, don't even try to keep up with Jeff. Some of us can keep up/catch him in the straights but once he hits the curves look out. ;)

nize 02-21-2006 10:22 AM

jeff, you should post the details with maps, etc. on your first post, and then make this a sticky so everyone can easily find the info.

and fyi, if you need a link, here's one;
http://issaquahhistory.org/sites/xxxdrivein.htm

Craig 930 RS 02-21-2006 11:51 AM

Sounds good, Jeff - if I ain't busy and no rain (slicks), I'll be there

dailydriven911 02-21-2006 02:06 PM

looking forward to see your 930 Craig...actually looking forward to meet all of you for the first time.:D

Craig 930 RS 02-21-2006 03:04 PM

Likewise - I've never done a XXX breakfast.

By the name, it sounds as if nudity is expected.
I'll spare your eyes.

kenikh 02-21-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Drago
Only if we get to stop and have pizza a Stanello's!!!

Yeah, I'm (finally) game. BTW, I'll cross the street to Win's Drive In whileyou are eating at Stanello's...

Jeff Higgins 02-21-2006 04:24 PM

Nize, how do I make this a sticky?

Craig, no guts, no glory. Think of the entrance you could make; completely crossed up, belching flames, shattering eardrums, scaring small children and stray dogs... Then you could do it in your car. :D

nize 02-21-2006 04:27 PM

jeff, you make it a sticky by bugging the forum moderator;
cstreit
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/members/1929.html?action=getinfo

Craig 930 RS 02-21-2006 04:42 PM

Jeff....that was goooooood - ! :D

jacks911 02-22-2006 08:00 PM

Glad to hear the XXX Saturdays are back on. Cobalt Blue 968 will be there with shinny re-New-ed Wheels.

bjzorn 02-22-2006 09:21 PM

I won't be there this time as my car will be down for the t-belt/waterpump change. I can't believe I have put 30K on the car already

brandon

nize 02-23-2006 09:10 AM

you'll be even more surprised when you put +180k on it without any problems. :)