Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Pacific NorthWest -US (WA/ID/OR/UT/HI/AK) (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pacific-northwest-us-wa-id-ut-hi-ak/)
-   -   annual john walker/pca swap meet july 15th (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pacific-northwest-us-wa-id-ut-hi-ak/289344-annual-john-walker-pca-swap-meet-july-15th.html)

john walker's workshop 06-20-2006 08:39 AM

annual john walker/pca swap meet july 15th

the annual john walker's workshop/pca porsche swap meet is july 15th. a bit early this year due to pnwr/pca scheduling that filled the usual early august dates. location is the Phinney Neighborhood Association lower parking lot. time is 8am-1pm. it's getting bigger every year, so i recommend an early setup, like 7am, if you are bringing things to sell. it's free for buyers and sellers, no club affiliation necessary. cash machines, starbucks and red mill burgers right up the hill.
directions: from I5, take the N85th st exit, and follow N85th st westbound to aurora ave N. go south on aurora to N67th st. go west 3.5 blocks to the site.
you can also take the N50th st exit off I5, go west until 50th runs out, and curves to the right into phinney ave. N. follow phinney northbound to N67th st, and go east 1/2 block down the hill.

this year for the 1st time, there will be name tags at the gate which hopefully everyone will wear, so we can put a face to the names. i would like all the vendors to sport one though.

any questions, call john walker 206 789 6800 or jwworkshop@aol.com

nize 06-20-2006 12:49 PM

cool !

Dantilla 06-22-2006 08:25 AM

I'm going to load up the truck again, and try to get rid of quite a bit of stuff.

Hopefully, I'll go home with less stuff, and not just replace it with more stuff!

nize 06-22-2006 08:28 AM

we need more 951 stuff ! :)

genrex 06-28-2006 02:11 AM

What a fun day this will be! The JW swap meet in the morning (to buy stuff I didn't know I needed until I saw it), and then the Vintage VW meet just up the road (to further my split-window Type II envy).

Good times.. :) :D

Scooter 06-28-2006 09:14 AM

So, you are advertising a Vintage VW meet in John's thread? I am sure John will be very upset that you are reminding people that there is a VW event later in the day that does not conflict with his swap. ;)

Hey Genrex, was that your Bus with the 3 liter in it at John's last year? That was a very nice bus.

genrex 06-28-2006 12:46 PM

John's swap meet sure attracts nice busses. I'm just an admirer. Would love to have a crew-cab, but wouldn't we all, lol. I'm old-school nostalgic about busses.. good friends, good memories.. but more motorvation is good, too. ;)

Looking forward to the 15th. :)

john walker's workshop 06-28-2006 07:20 PM

here's a bus project i'm thinking of bailing on. 1963 11 window converted to 15 window, w/factory slider sunroof, walk-thru front seats, rust free doors, all new rubber, all 8 pop-out windows opening to the rear, 68 911 rear torsion tube, rear suspension, 5 speed (included), all set up for 912 engine, (included), all deluxe trim, jail bars, all seats reupholstered black w/green piping, center seat w/metal grab bar, flat engine lid w/brake light, 3 spoke keyed wheel, 58 tail lights, front bullets, new rockers and supports, plus boxes of goodies. no time to finish.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1151547274.jpg

nize 06-29-2006 10:03 AM

oh man, i wish i had the storage space.

pozican 07-05-2006 01:04 PM

I'm fairly new to the porsche scene and would love to go for a drive with you guys -- is this an opportunity to do so? or just a swap meet type of deal?

RSlater 07-05-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pozican
I'm fairly new to the porsche scene and would love to go for a drive with you guys -- is this an opportunity to do so? or just a swap meet type of deal?
Go to this link
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?threadid=267147&perpage=20&pagenumb er=1

They usually do a drive after breakfast

john walker's workshop 07-05-2006 01:35 PM

just a swap meet, but you're on your own later.

teenerted1 07-05-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pozican
swap meet only that day

but we meet at the xxx drive in every 2nd Saturday. there will be a few of us there this weekend that aren't doing the big drive up in Canada or the 914 gathering in Portland...

pozican 07-05-2006 02:21 PM

I might stop by - I'll be needing some parts here soon.

Thanks guys,
-Alex

nize 07-05-2006 02:23 PM

you should come to german night tonight. :)

Granite 944 07-09-2006 04:20 PM

Alright,

I wanna get a better feel for WHAT all I should be bringing to this swap meet. I'm not so sure just how much I'll be able to fit in the truck, and may need to somewhat prioritize.

I've got lots of early (and some later) 944 parts. I'm thinking of bringing mostly the larger stuff. Fenders, hoods, doors, exhaust, torque tube, rear hatches, sunroofs, front spoilers, bumpers, seats, interrior parts, even a set of rocker box skirts, auto tranny, along with whatever I can stuff in my F-250 to bring down. I've got over 30 large rubbermaid boxes full of parts. I've also got two each early 2.5L blocks, stripped to the gills, cranks, towers, head or two, and lordy knows what else. Don't ask me for prices, or details here. I'll just say........."cheap", or ya just will have to come see for yourself. :) Ya gotta come SEE it. You know......WYSIWYG. We all feel much better this way. ;)
I'll have some of my parts reference books with me, for those that are not all that sure of the applications of "things".

IS there an interest in seeing this kinda stuff above? Am I just hoping that 944 people will show? I will also have an ad/pictures for an '75 914 with me, along with a seperate ad, for a complete 2.0L engine there, in hopes of a local sale. I aint shipping this big stuff.

In other words..............come on........get it out there, it'll be fun, and there WILL be some 944 parts at least. :) I was at last years meet.......and I bought some stuff, myself! I'd like to thank Walker's, in advance for this event!

I think I finally got the ABS figured out, and repaired, on my truck! I'll be there. Just be a little leary, if ya see a loaded F-250 supercab coming your way. :)

al lkosmal 07-09-2006 09:55 PM

Granite,
I will be at the swap meet, but send me pix and price on the 914. I may be interested in starting up a 914-6 project. Send to alkosmal@hotmail.com.

john walker's workshop 07-10-2006 11:32 AM

heavy engine blocks and torque tubes don't sell well, but ya never know. body panels, interior stuff, trim items, wheels, literature, boxes of misc crap, etc seem to move pretty well. garbage items rarely sell, like old torn seats, unless they're special ones. i would suggest posting pictures of the cumbersome stuff, so you can work a deal later.

pozican 07-10-2006 01:11 PM

if you have a long block for a post 85.5 944 I may be interested. But I probably wouldn't buy it AT the swap meet... it won't fit in my rear hatch, I'd have to bring the truck.

teenerted1 07-12-2006 10:52 AM

anyone want to meet for breakfast before heading over to the swap?SmileWavy