Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wow, i don't check my own thread for a few...

thanks for the opinions, gentlemen.

jon, i've seen your work in the other thread. you are a ninja, but please take a moment to consider how much 964 contributes to this forum. your skills are duly noted, and i'm sure you could massage my fenders back into shape and make them work to a high level. likewise, i'm sure 946 could also.

however, i'm inclined to agree with 964 as i'm a pragmatist. these flares are neither original or rare, so i'm simply looking for the most cost/time effective way to get my fenders sorted. i'm sure i could rescue them, but i'm not looking for a challenge, i have plenty of work ahead on this car. as such, i managed to find a nice pair of carrera quarter panels at partsheaven for a nice price and i was in the area and was able to pick them up.

we're just going use what we need from the quarters and keep on keepin' on.

cheers...
Old 08-16-2018, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelle View Post
i'm sure i could rescue them, but i'm not looking for a challenge, i have plenty of work ahead on this car.
I wrote up a response right after your original post about having a pro lay mud in there.

I then grabbed another beer, thought about what I was saying and realized I did not have a clue of what was an appropriate action for you.

Jon could have fixed it. 962 could have fixed it. A function of cost and, per the shiet storm, simply perspective.

I sensed no boasting by Jon but the flat rate argument is as valid as Jon's, it's a special needs car (given so badly wonked).

They are both righteous dudes and hope that Jon keeps posting here.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
I wrote up a response right after your original post about having a pro lay mud in there.

I then grabbed another beer, thought about what I was saying and realized I did not have a clue of what was an appropriate action for you.

Jon could have fixed it. 962 could have fixed it. A function of cost and, per the shiet storm, simply perspective.

I sensed no boasting by Jon but the flat rate argument is as valid as Jon's, it's a special needs car (given so badly wonked).

They are both righteous dudes and hope that Jon keeps posting here.
agreed.

mechanicals i'm good with. body and paint, i need help!

this board benefits greatly from both guys...
Old 08-16-2018, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

The Metal Surgeon- I believe you do some of the finest metal work I have seen, particularly on this board. I enjoy seeing all your posts and agree you have REAL talent.(this is my favourite though: https://www.classic-motor-cars.co.uk/lindner-nocker-lightweight-restoration_28)

But 962 called you out on it! So how exactly would you do a repair on that mess of Mig'd crap? You two butting heads seems silly on this forum of learning. Bob K is polite in his questioning, I'm not. Surely replacing that is the right thing to do.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Crickets. Might have to bust out the MIG and lay a few lines down to generate discussion..
Old 09-12-2018, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: