Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
964 to 911 SC Fenders

I purchased a left front fender off of Ebay a couple of months ago and I only gave it a cursory look upon arrival. It was well wrapped and the headlight bucket was covered with bubble wrap and I didn't notice, until I took it out and fully unwrapped it, that it was a 964 fender. I can cut out the gas filler plate and bolt it to the mounting tabs and the headlight bucket has only one large hole instead of the two small ones on the SC. I can remove the front tabs, etc.

I hung it on the car and it appears to be pretty good. However, should I sell it and get an SC fender or is this considered doable? The paint on the car is pretty good and the fender is the same color (Grand Prix White) so all I would need to do is touch up the paint and give it a buff.

Anyone here ever use 964 fenders on pre-89 911s?

Old 12-10-2018, 03:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hi. I was wondering if you ended up staying with the 964 fender? I have a set of 964 fenders that I am trying to fit on my 1975 Carrera, but I can't get the gaps on the rear (against the door and cowl) correct. Did you have any fitment problems?

Old 10-11-2020, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: