Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

Paint, Bodywork, Detailing Links

Hello Pelicans - below are some helpful links to various sections of Paint, Bodywork, and Detailing.

Spray Guns & Accessories

Paint & Solvents

Appearance & Paint Finishing

Molding Tools

Fillers & Putties

Body Shop Tools & Equipment

Dent Repair Tools

Pullers

Old 03-15-2019, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Porsche Crest Rear wings

Dimitry, Last week I found a thread about rear wings on 911 complete with people posting pictures of their wings. I cannot find it now to save my life. Any idea where it could be in the P.P forum? Thanks
Old 03-30-2020, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hanrahan View Post
Dimitry, Last week I found a thread about rear wings on 911 complete with people posting pictures of their wings. I cannot find it now to save my life. Any idea where it could be in the P.P forum? Thanks
Hi Frank - was it this one?

Show me the original spoilers/wings for an SC
Old 04-01-2020, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

hello Dmitry... is there a posting of correct painting details for 1968 911. thanks
Old 10-14-2020, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrestore View Post
hello Dmitry... is there a posting of correct painting details for 1968 911. thanks
Hi Bob - thanks for reaching out. Are you referring to the proper prep work before painting or the type of paint used or something else?

Happy to help you out if you have any further details.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

i was referring to the actual paint and under coating scheme.... for example .. in the trunk it is painted the body color and then undercoated black. the interior is undercoated and then top coated with body color. engine bay painted body color and then under coated black.... I would like to see some hi resolution pictures of original 1968 cars ... I don't want to see the cars that have been restored not even pebble beach winners because they are usually incorrect... i have restored about 30 early Porsches over the last 50 years.... I am expert painter and do not need any thing other than seeing the original painting schemes ... an other example... even though the interior is painted body color, under the dash is painted a semi gloss black but they did not mask off when they made the transition..... That kind of info, in picture form... So, I am looking for high resolution pictures of the 1968 9/11L preferably with rugs removed, but all acceptable Thanks bob

Last edited by bobrestore; 11-25-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Old 10-28-2020, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: