Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
JED

Garage
964 door on a SC

Hi Gentleman-

I have access to a 964 door in very nice condition, wondering what if any are the challenges involved in mounting on a SC. Mirror holes/mounting? Power window switches/door card differences? ETC.

Also I have a SC coupe door which I installed on my 74 Targa, Im struggling to get my 74 square mirror mounted. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

74-89 should all work
Old 04-23-2019, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

With the 964 door you will need to add/take away a few items for the door card set-up, and there will be a slight difference in mounting interior door top cover. Nothing drastic.

Not sure what mirror you're trying to but on the 74 Targa. Don't think passenger mirror was even an option, though you can get a repro nowadays for the fright side. This would be the chrome square mirror, not the square body color style.

Sit in the car like you're driving it and have someone hold/adjust the mirror on the pass door. Proper placement for the mirror should be set so that all you have to do is cut your eyes through the 1/4 glass to see what's behind/beside you. Something that always impressed me with the early Porsches.

RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 04-25-2019, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: