Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rs6er Send a message via Skype™ to rs6er
Overspray?

In January, I picked up my car from a Restoration shop, where bare metal restoration and paint had been done to correct some old bodywork that had been from 25-30 years ago. I am the original owner.

The car looked great, but today I washed it and then I waxed it for the first time since the bodywork was done. The paint is perfectly smooth on the drivers door and the flat parts of the front and rear fenders, but everywhere else (tops of fenders, trunk lid, etc,) the paint is slightly rough to the touch. Is this overspray, and will professional polishing make it smooth. I paid a lot of money for this work and am not happy, but I am not close to the shop.

Original owner '81 911SC blackmetallic coupe. Terbatrol, SSI, M+K Gen 4, SC+ cams, A/C delete, console delete, heater backdate, 7 & 8 x 16 Fuchs with polished rims, Turbo tie rods, tensioner update, Rennline engine mount bar, Mainely Custom sump plate, new top-end, corner balance.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

most likely it's over spray.
depending how bad it is there are some easy ways to remove it. a detail shop should be able to handle the job easy enough.
you could try a clay bar your self if it's not to bad that will take it off.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

+1 on using a clay bar and then buff it.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
You might surprised how much stuff clay bars remove. Remember to always keep the clay bar wet. I use detail spray when using a clay bar. Remember to keep folding the clay bar.

1971 914-6 #0372
2016 Audi S3 DD
Old 05-17-2019, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: