Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brando

Garage
patch?

I'm backdating I've used a piece of an old flare cut off from the rear as it has a really similar shape.But I've found that the fender material is proud at the seam and would definitely make a high spot. It's good nearer the wheel opening but in the center gap between wheel opening and light opening it crests out. My thinking is to remove some material in the circled area so that there is more smooth a transition from new to old fender.
Or is there some other way to do this? Doing this as described would remove the rib from the old short hood fender which I assume is fine and maybe even needed.
Thoughts?
Please don't flame my welding skilz, I do grind better

Old 06-08-2019, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Pm me. Iíll give you my cell to text me some better pics

Old 06-10-2019, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: