Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Targa to cab to coupe

Got this in a few months ago. Got it all taken apart and blasted and it set on hold. Just really getting started but this thing should pick up speed quick. Itís originally a targa that got converted to a slant nose cab. It wasnít the best of jobs so customer wanted . A coupe. Iíve done a ton of research on coupe conversions but nothing is really detailed I think my process will be a little over board but in my opinion itís the best way. Iíll be using the coupe roof from the cowl back . B pillars stay completely intact and the portion in the rear parcel shelf area will get spliced in separate from the quarter. That way the complete repair will be invisible from the inside. Everything gets tiged besides spot welds. Bad thing is the inner structure was mangled during the cab conversion so Iíll have to use section from off the donor car. Iíll updated in the next few days.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Norm,
I’m fascinated by the start of your conversion to coupe.
I’m contemplating purchasing a chassis to become a donor from the dash back.
My back half turned out rustier than I thought and it all starts at a destroyed torsion tube.

So if I keep my original car from dash forward, and I marry it to my new chassis, where does a guy cut the a pillars?

Leave my solid original pillars and cut them at top? Then bring in donor car and weld to top of pillars?

Or cut off original pillars at base and bring in donor chassis with full length pillars attached and tig weld at bottom?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2019, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Quinn View Post
Norm,
Iím fascinated by the start of your conversion to coupe.
Iím contemplating purchasing a chassis to become a donor from the dash back.
My back half turned out rustier than I thought and it all starts at a destroyed torsion tube.

So if I keep my original car from dash forward, and I marry it to my new chassis, where does a guy cut the a pillars?

Leave my solid original pillars and cut them at top? Then bring in donor car and weld to top of pillars?

Or cut off original pillars at base and bring in donor chassis with full length pillars attached and tig weld at bottom?

Thanks
Do you have any picture off you current car?

Old 08-31-2019, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: