Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Modifying LWB rear bumpers with SC flares

I have a '71 LWB that the PO added SC flares on the rear fenderwells and then used an SC rear bumper. I want to revert back to the standard LWB rear quarter bumpers but need to flare those bumpers to match the SC flared fenderwells. I have both the LWB rear quarter bumpers and the SC bumper to fenderwell flare extensions (see attached photo). Has anyone out there done this modification and have any tips to pass along before I attempt it?

Old 02-28-2021, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
This is a great idea. I would love to see what you end up doing. I currently have some LWB bumpers that have been poorly modified to fit SC flares but they are not even close. I'm going to have to start from scratch.

Did you find any pages in the forum that discuss using the SC bumpers to do this?

Thanks,

Rodney
Rodney Nelson - '72 911T (Undergoing Full Resto), '82 SC (Grand Prix White) Sold, '86 951 (Guards Red) Caught Fire, '71 911T (Tangerine) Sold, '72 911E (Grand Prix White) Sold, '86 951 (Black) Sold, '79 SC (Grand Prix White) Sold, '71 911T (Irish Green) Sold
Old 02-28-2021, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

I did this on my 72 hot rod...front and rear steel ST flares and then pie cut, shaped and welded the ends of each original steel bumper to flow into/match the flares. Not a quick job but I love having an all steel car.

Old 03-01-2021, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: