Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fiberglass doors

looking to hear from folks who have fitted fiberglass doors.

Who's did you use?

How was the fit?

How do they seal? (wind and water)

Did they accept the factory window frames?

Cheers
Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Jeff, Emptyo (Michael) our moderator fixed me up with a contact a few months ago. He may still have the information or do a search. The f/g doors fit well and were easy to put together. Actually I got doors, long hood, roof, fenders and rear quarters from the guy. they all fit well. I will post some pics soon (I do not know how as of yet). Maybe Michael will chime it
Old 12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Jeff,
may want to contact Jack Olsen or Kevinp73 who worked on BB2. Jack is running fiberglass doors with real windows I believe.

JP
55 Belair
40 Ford pickup
Old 12-06-2007, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
what? me worry?

Cool, new forum...

Quote:
looking to hear from folks who have fitted fiberglass doors.

Who's did you use?

GT Racing...carbon full race doors

How was the fit?

Excellent, besides my personal car, we have installed GT Racing doors on a few other cars and find they fit quite well

How do they seal? (wind and water)

They dont, they have no provision to accept seals etc.

Did they accept the factory window frames?

No, no provisions for window glass
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno
Old 12-06-2007, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys,

Garry, would love the contact info.

I have hood, tail and bumpers in fiberglass but am contemplating using fibergalss 911 "R" doors and finishing off the cage.

Cheers
Old 12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Jiu Jitsu Grappler

Garage
I just got a pair from rennspeed and they actually seem to fit better than the original ones. I got the set that is a duplicate of the original and accepts the stock window frame. I'm using lexan with the stock regulators and rs panels. Total weight is around 15lbs per door with the regulators and lean.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

wanna buy a stripper pole

Send a message via Yahoo to KevinP73
My only complaint about running 'glass doors is that they never seem to close as easily as real doors. They all lack the weight of a steel door which aids in engaging the latching mechanism. This becomes very evident when you try to close the door from the inside. Other than that the fit is fine and with a lot of extra effort you can install all of the window frame and hardware.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I bought doors from Damon, Series 900. Passenger fit like factory, driver needed a little massaging at the top inside where it meets A-pillar drip rail.

Scroll halfway down for door fitment:

Project 73 911 R/RS -- Week 11-12
Old 12-18-2007, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Getty has some very nice write-ups on how to install fiberglass body parts on 911. The door one is nice and has some good tips. Key thing being use steel rod to ensure hinges are in line (easier said than done).
Old 12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

MA Shaw has some fiberglass doors. Tell him don from modbargains told you to contact him and maybe he can get you set up with some fiberglass doors for a good price.

-Don
Old 01-02-2008, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: