Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Clear Coat in Engine Bay and Trunk Compartment?

I'm thinking about spiffing up my engine bay on my project cab while I've got the engine and tranny out. The car has the original base-clear moss green metallic paint. Can anyone confirm whether the engine bay and front trunk compartments originally received a clear coat at the factory? Thanks!

Brian
Old 01-11-2008, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Brian: I searched all that I could and went and looked inside of some of the vehicles that we have at the shop, and found this, the trunk compartment does not seem to be sprayed with clear, it's not even spray all the way down where I can see some of the protective coat on it's original color, As for the engine bay, I guess from the heat of the engine it is hard to tell, so because of that we, at our shop will spray those areas as close as the outside of the car. whether it is single or two stage paints.
Joseph Toliva, guy who signs my check
Old 01-13-2008, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: