Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
944paige

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 911paige
Unhappy new paint on my car

Hi guys i've been reading some of your post on painting and prep but what i really need is a some one that can paint my car for me i would like the same color so not to make it a difficult job i'm located in northern westchester county n,y any help would be appreciated any body know a good painter, in my area..... and also what kinds of paint do they use these days when i was younger we had two options enamel which was cheaper and laquer paint was the most expensive to shoot...
Old 06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
They have what you can call color coat clear coat. It is a two stage paint. You can't post on this forum with out being told you can do it well you can. I haven't seen much of your car but it looks like it has excellent finish and after blocking out the work will wet sand out well, but I digress.

The color coat requires simple prep, they will probably use a DA (dual action orbital sander). Laying the metallic evenly over staright body work/prep work will cost you a fair amount. The clear is where you can provide some input by making sure he uses the strongest clear for the money. He will not use much paint for your car. Tell him you want as little orange peel as possible too and he will focus on that too. He is not going to want to buff your car.

Your metallic will look awesome!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
944paige

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 911paige
thanks for the info....i found out by looking a lot closer the car has been repainted in some areas the places that it hasn't i did not picture the rear drivers quarter and the roof i will run your suggestions by the body shop near by see what they say ...thanks
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I don't know if you found someone, but I have a personnel friend, we stated doing bodywork in the same shop back in 1980. After 15yrs and one shop, I stopped and closed shop. Early retirement. But my buddy is in the westchester,ny area, and if your interested in his info. give me email. Good luck with the car.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: