Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

anyone have Cellete fixtures etc for 356 and early 911 ?

Hi

I just bought a bare Cellete bench , just the bench with no fixtures ,

does anyone have drawings of the fixtures to mount a 356 ?
or a set of them for sale ?

and the Cellete 356 Blueprint that shows measuring dimensions for a 356 ?

also would eventually like to get the fixtures for an early 911 , but right now the 356 ones are needed ,

If you have them can you post a picture so I know what I will be getting into if I have to get some made ,

thank you for your help

Dave

At one time many of these got confused as "Porsche prototypes" including the one restored at Hill and Vaughn in Santa Monica
Old 08-22-2008, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
(Former 1968Cayman)

Call Joe at German Auto. He has a Celette rig and fixtures but not in use. He may be willing to part with some fixtures.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

still looking ,

Joe was not very helpful,

anyone else know where I can find them ?
or blueprints to make them ?

thanks

Dave

At one time many of these got confused as "Porsche prototypes" including the one restored at Hill and Vaughn in Santa Monica
Old 12-25-2008, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

bump

still looking

Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

still looking , anyone even know where I could get some pictures of them ?

Thanks

Old 09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
DP935 member

I started making my own for my bench for a 911. At the time I had full access to a machine shop.

Here is a link to a couple of pictures of a 356 on a bench.

http://www.356registry.com/techinfo/repair/celette_jig.html

and another of a guy who has a 356 on a bench.

http://willswerks.com/metal.htm

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

DP935 member

another group of pics of a 356 on a bench.

http://www.oldtimerschmie.de/21-0-richtbankarbeiten.html

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 09-11-2009, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

bump , still looking

Thanks

Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
(Former 1968Cayman)

If you have the bench, why not make your own fixtures? I'm building an entire jig from scratch- the mounting fixtures will all be custom made.

Where are you located?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Try Cecil at Bodystyle in San Jose. He probably wont sell the jigs if he has them but might provide information and pictures.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

in my shop when we need jigs for the old cars i look for shops that are closing . i got my jigs for some of the old porsche's that way .i bought out a porsche dealer that was closing there body shop down . i have also called celette to see if they might have or know of some one willing to sell or rent out the jigs . celette hooked me up with some one that had the 126 body benz jigs not to long ago . the thing is that there are people like me that will hold on to the jigs becouse i know celette no longer offers them .
Old 09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Still looking or drawings to make some up

thanks

Old 09-16-2011, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Bump after a long Porsche weekend

Old 10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i think at this point if you have a straight 911 and a straight bench you can put the car over the bench and just start to build your own jigs . there are 4 mounting points were the suspension pickup points are and 4 more line up points that the car just rests on and does not bolt up to . then there are the front and rear jigs that are for the bumpers . then two on each side one is for the door mounting points with one coming from that to the a-piller and one for the c-piller /sail panel/rear cowel area .
Old 10-17-2011, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
May I suggest you look at photos in the Restoration section of the DDK forum (run out of England). There are lots of pictures from a guy called Barry who seems to do nothing but exceptional restorations of 911 bodies. He uses a Celette with lots of lovely fixtures, plus windshield aperture shape-frames (unsure of correct term...). His work looks superb; the pictures may help you. John
Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

bump for the start of April.....

Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: