Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fender Alignment Advice

Hi Folks,

Now that the car is painted I am taking care of the final odds and ends to get the car back on the road. The one thing that has been bugging me a little that I had planned on adjusting this weekend was the passenger fender fitment. Look at the picture below. There is a bit of a vertical gap in between the fender and hood closest to the hinge. The hood appears to be to high (or fender low). The other gap is down at the bumper/bellow where the bumper appears to be to low (fender to high) on the drivers side and you can see the gap. (look at the end of the rubber smile) I was thinkng that adjusting the fender spacers would rememdy both issues at once. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? Also, this gap was not there when I first had the car so I am pretty sure I should be able to fix this.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The hood hinge is adjustable. This allows the hood to be moved up or down. Does the back of the hho fit flush with the cowl along the rear edge? This adjustment will affect that also. Open the hood and look at the hinge where it bolts to the car. there are three bolts 13mm heads. Loosen them and you can adjust the hood. You may have to realign the hoo gap(hood to hinge) after. If you try to remidy this by adjusting the fender you will change your fender to door gap. I am assuming you are talking about a gap betwwen the front bumper and rubber smile. To fix this you need to remove the bumper beam. On the shocks are two studs on each side. They are offset so on is higher than the other. You need to shim the bumper with a washer to make it fit. To bring the back up to the smile, shim the top stud. When you tighten the bolts the top will bottom on the shim and as you tighten the bottom it will kick the bumper up. Hope this helps. Good luck. P. S. I would protect the cowl top when you adjust the hinge. it is easy to ding it with the hood if you are not super careful.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I figured that an adjustment to the hinge/hood height would fix the first fit issue, but I hadn't thought about your suggestion for the bumper. I will try and put a washer or two on the top passenger stud and see if that tips the bumper enough to fill in the gap.

I had one other question. I am getting a minor rub on the very inside of the chin spoiler with my wheels when I turn them the full distance. Is there any remedy to push the spiler out slightly so my wheel will clear? My front weels are 245/45x17's.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: