Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'66 Dash removal??

Hi all-
I need to recover my dashboard which has a couple ripped perforated speaker holes in the vinyl. Does anyone know how to remove the upper dash on a '66? I'm told, unlike the '68s on up, the glass doesn't need to come out but I can't quite figure out where/how to remove.

Thanks for any info,
Al
Old 11-17-2008, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
It can be be easily removed with windshield intact. The front of the dash is "hooked" over some lips in the sheet metal. The back of the dash has a threaded stud that passes through the sheet metal just behind the windshield. Removing the nut from the stud, reached by going under the dash area from the hood side of the car, will release the panel and allow you to bring it forward over the hooked sheet metal on the cabin side.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: