Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wheel refinishing...suggestions

Hello all,
I have a set of cup 2 wheels off of my 993 that I want to refinish. They have no major damage. I'm considering having the wheels media blasted instead of sanding. I am going to go back two stage, silver and clear coat. Is there anything in the painting/clear process to make a good strong long lasting finish.
Thanks in advance,
Randy

Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Randy - here are my thoughts. Do not strip or media blast the surface on the wheels. If it is in good condition then you have a great base to paint. I would really scrub the inside of the wheel, remove all the weights and use 3m scotch bright pad to rough up and 320 or 500 grit on just the face to prep for paint. You now have choices as to paint. You can use wheel paint from Pelican to paint your wheels, go to your local automotive supply house buy spray can paint, or get paint from a paint supply house that is either single or two stage paint The paint from the paint store is probably the best paint to use, but it will require equipment and expertise you might not have.

If you do not like any of the above suggestions get the paint stripped off the wheels and have them powder coated.

Jim

Old 01-07-2009, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: