Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Max Sluiter

Garage
Dzus fasteners

Hi,

I need a place to post this photo so that I can show a Pelican how the dzus fasteners look on my car.

Kevin, please feel free to explain how to attach the fasteners to the car. He wants to do the front and rear bumpers, though, not the quarter-panels.

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 08-15-2009, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

OK I see them. I won't mind having those visible. One thing I need to do is come up with some kind of quick disconnect for the front turn signals. They took longer to remove than the rest of the bumper and will defeat the purpose of the dzus if I don't make it easier.

Thanks Max.
993 C4S 3.8
84 Euro Carrera
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

If you haven't tried or looked before, I have had good success with the trailer lights section of your auto parts store for quick disconnect plugs. They have 2,3,4,5, and even 6 wire connectors that have some water protection because they are usually hanging outside the car in the weather. I have also found some less protected ones at Radio Shack. I found these in their cabinets with special parts drawers.
Turbo flares
2009 Carrera S - Porsche Racing Green, PDK
Old 08-23-2009, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: