Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
Anyone use "Restoration Shop's" paint?

They sell PPG, House of Color, and their own paints. I just ordered a QT to do some test panels with (of their brand). Anyone using it? THe price is pretty darn good, especially for acrylics and urethanes..

http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/

Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

tcglobal paint

had great luck with them,used the single stage enamel on a 72 bmw tii ,went down just like the old DuPont centari days. Also used some of the hot rod flatz easy to apply.also they always shipped fast for me, even though some have had trouble with them? hope this helps good luck...
Old 08-18-2009, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks Dogma, I figured the worst case scenario I can paint my engine compartment, hood, and underbody with it and switch to my tried and true PPG if I don't like it (they sell PPG at a good discount also). Hell, I used Kirker on my race car, can't beat $50 a gallon for their solid colors (if you find one you like).. I'll report back on the shipping, i'm in no rush but it may be an issue at some point.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

I almost bought the hot rod flatz last year.

I used Dupont Nason on my track car. was easy to use and the results were OK. I know they would have been better had the weather not been so hot. the paint was flashing too fast to flow and level. Not a paint problem - user error.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 08-21-2009, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I'm painting my old '92 Toyota pickup. I placed my order with them yesterday. Figure I'll try it out on an older vehicle. They seemed helpful on the phone. The price was $150 less than quoted from a local paint store for their "budget package"; $325 under what I was quoted for name brand paint.
1960 Mercedes 190SL
1962 XKE Roadster (sold) - 13 motorcycles
Old 09-02-2009, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I received my order within 5 days of placement so they seem to ship reasonably well... now if it works well!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

I placed my order Sept. 1st and received it on the 9th (holiday weekend in there).

I painted the primer today, seemed to go on as good as anything else I've ever used. Will be next week before I have time to do the color, will report back. (This is the 10th car I've painted over the years).
1960 Mercedes 190SL
1962 XKE Roadster (sold) - 13 motorcycles
Old 09-10-2009, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Shot the engine compartment today, paint went on great, flowed as well as anything i've ever used, and looks great. Time will tell regarding durability but i'm going to go ahead and use it for the body.. This is Signal Green from early 90's 964's. Picture the engine with gloss black shroud in there (as soon as I get my suspension bushings from Elephant) and it should pop!

Last edited by GaryR; 11-07-2009 at 06:08 PM..
Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: