Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
1986 Targa 1972 RS clone

Better Bodies full kit

I have an 86 Targa that I was originally going to use as am engine donor for a 72coupe project... now I think I am going to switch gears.... I saw a kit made by "better bodies" that I really liked.... my question is has anybody ever used one of their kits? How it the fit?
I realize ANY fiberglass kit is going to need some massaging and work... I am asking about quality and fit? It comes with front and rear bumpers front fenders and the rear wide-body fender...

Below is the picture of what I want to do...

Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

we installed one of those kits on a targa, with the exception of strosek style front fenders. it was a LOT of work to get it symmetrical and fitting correctly
Old 09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
1986 Targa 1972 RS clone

Bodykit

What kind of problems did you run into? Was it mostly the quarters? How about the front and rear bumpers?

Have you used other kits? Would you suggest another or would you use them again?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Swapper and Ruiner

I put some of their flares on a 911. It was the same quality as GT Racing flares. Those are the only 2 manufacturers I can make direct comparisons of.

I really like MA Shaw's stuff but I don't think he makes that kit.

I would think you were safe with Better Bodies. They've been around a long time.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: