Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Advice on repairing weld damaged paint

Hi,

I had some sheet metal replaced. In the process a weld bead was layed down between an internal piece and some metal that is external and was painted nicely. As you'd expect it discolored and bubbled the paint in that area.

I got a touch-up paint repair kit. It includes clear coat and color coat. (no primer).

What's the best process? I'll post pictures shortly.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

yes pics would be good .when using touch up paint. primer should be used on any spot bigger than a pencils eraser .
Old 01-20-2010, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Here's some pictures. Any advice and best practices welcome.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I figure on using some 600 grit paper to smooth it out and get rid of any rust. Then I'll hit it with some SEM self etching primer. Follow that up with a few coats of touch up paint. Is that a good plan?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: