Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fiberglass Engine Shroud

Dear Gents/Ladies ,
I am just in the process of building a fiberglass mold for my 911 Engine shroud . I am no expert but i love to try and do as much as i can myself and i have read / learnt many things from all the people on this fantastic forum .
Does anybody know how or what i need to do to get roughly the same colour shroud as the one below .. i know you can add a pigment to the resin .. but i dont think i have ever seen a honey colour pigment ..... or am i totally wrong .. any adviced would be more then welcome ...

Krgds Richard
Old 03-16-2010, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, there are honey color (brown) pigments. The less you use the lighter it is. However allot of resins will give you a pretty decent color just by themselves.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice Bob .....this came total unexpected as i posted it 1 month ago ... I guess they are right when they say " keep the faith "

Krgds Richard
Old 04-04-2010, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

To get an amber looking original finish, do not add any pigment to the resin. That is the color it will cure.....

Cheers
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks again for all the advice shared by you good members . When i have completed my very first FG moulding i will post a few pics ... just in case their are others who want to go it alone just for the satisfaction .....

Krgds Richard
Old 04-05-2010, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Those look like Jenvey throttles on custom manifolds? What linkage set up are you using?

Cheers
Old 04-07-2010, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Hi Jeff ...
I would love to help you out but the Car does not belong to me .. it was on DDK ..
DDK - Die Deutschen Klassiker :: View topic - 10th Porsche RS Trackday (photographs)

Krgds Richard
Old 04-09-2010, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: