Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Repaint to original color?

Repaint to original color? Is it better to repaint a 70 targa to its original color or is changing a good idea?
I have the car down to the tub with little rust to repair. It was in a flood so taking it this far was a no brainier. The color is a dark green metallic but was painted condor green at some point.
Is keeping it original better for resale (sometime after I'm planted) or painting it another 70s color OK?
I have owned this one ten years looking at it with the condor green but have reservations with the dark green. Thinking blue or gray.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

becouse there are so many cars like that out there you can change the color . green is not a hot color for resale any way . i had a green soft window targa that i did a flip on . i was thinking of refinishing it in black or red . but being a soft window car i refinished it in the original green . i broke even on the car but i should have changed the color to black it would have sold faster and i would not of had to keep dropping the price to get a buyer .
Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Now it will be like having a new car.
The green was getting old and think it needs a new look.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: