Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sunroof / non sunroof / headliner questions

Cross posting this here besides the 911 Technical forum.....

Gang:

I have a future project car in mind and would like pics /advice on the following:

1.)Does anyone have pics of a functioning sunroof from inside the car without headliner? How does all this working sunroof mechanism stuff look exposed?

2.) How bad a job is it to lose the sunroof and weld it shut? I see most do a non-sunroof roof clip replacement because of the difficulty. What are the options here?

3.) Can you remove OEM headliner cleanly ( w/o being or looking like a kludge job) while keeping windows and window trim in-place? I'm not asking about re-installing headliner, which is commonly a windows-out proposition....just asking about taking it out and ending up with a bare roof.

TIA
Old 09-18-2010, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

bump.... no one ?
Old 09-19-2010, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I am going to actually doing this soon. I have yet to come across any photos. I do plan on closing my sun-roof up though. It is a lot of weight up high in the car, and since this is going to be mostly a DE car, weight has to go. I hope to start the job within the month. Ill post photos up in my thread when I start. Here is a link to it, The start of my long awaited build ('80 SC)

Chris
Old 09-27-2010, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: