Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

How to cover turbo slats?

My 88 has the side slats with the boxed rockers... At some point I want to get rid of the slats. Does anyone sell a patch panel for these? Have most folks just made their own, and how difficult was it?

I can weld, and have a tig. My concern though is that the patch panel has to be "perfect", and it has a complex shape - or so it seems. I don't just want to tack something in and require lots of filler...

Anyone done this before?

Has anyone made a "temporary cover"? I was think about getting a large sheet of 1/8 magnetic material, cutting to shape, and just covering the hole after the slats are removed...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i have removed then on a couple of cars . we made our own patch panels for them . they were not that hard . but you would need a english wheel to do the compound curve . are the flares steel or fiberglass ? if they were glass that would be real ez to fill the holes ! but if they are the OE metal ones then find a shop that has a english wheel and just have some fabed up . you would have to bring the car to them to get the shape right .
Old 03-04-2011, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: