Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

67 911 Rusty Restoration

I bought this car from a friend in Sept 2010, who had been sittinge on it for the last 15 years in hope to restore it one day. I saw this car in his driveway when i was 15 years old , and back then it was a rustbucket. I meet the owner last year, had a beer and talked about restoring his car, that was tucked in the corner of his huge garage. (I never really wanted to do it ). Six months latter he calls me and asks if i wanted to buy it, he really need the money to pay his lawyer? My wife said sure and I towed it home.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Oct 2010, started stripping the car down. Turns out I bought a roof and an ownership. More and more of my car is leaving in a garbage can! Went out and bought a rotissorie, the best i've ever seen. From a guy in Brantford Ontario that
makes them in his garage. $1400.00. But it did not include spanners or braket to
mount the car. My friend and I made and welded them in the garage. We were so happy when we finished, turned it up on its side opened a beer and leaned back.
Untill we heard ding ding(OH **** MY WELDS ARE BRAKING!!!!!!!!) We put it back down on the stands before it fell. He turns to me and said do you think you still could fix it if it fell?
Old 03-20-2011, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Wowsers! You gotta job ahead of you there! Experts will chime in here soon. I think you probably want it on stands to do the rocker and sheet metal repairs. You want it supported fromthe suspension points and you need to check the chassis measurements to asssure it hasn't strayed from spec. Let me see if I can find a pic of those for you.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Dec 2010 , sent it out and had the chassis sand blasted and the fixable out panels media blasted. We were really un sure how much of the car was actually going to come back!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Yes it does thank-you VERY much!!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I will try again - diffucult to read
Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
The images I posted were of a 72 model - will try to find and scan the ones applicable for your car.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I started with buying rockers complete with the heater tubes and spliced it all in.
What a big job, I've read lots of articals about why to not buy a north-eastern car.
I even found some news papers stuffed in the rockers from its last body job(Michigan 1978) When i strip it only had one paint job from and ugly tan to red.

I made the inner frame rail from scratch and spliced in the sections of the heater tubes, and inner supports for the suspention tube.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Next I tackled the rear window section , I made this section from scratch.

I made the sections for the parcel shelf, and cut and weld to the raised stamped lines so they will not look like big ugly patches.

Im also looking for a good pic of the panel under the rear glass that has all the circles in it , I need to make the corners still .
Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

There are more pics , scroll right on last post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Feb 2011 , Had to stop on my car and help my buddy with his 76 targe( He owns the garage and pays for the heat!)

PS his beer tastes better too!!!

And magical its Painted!!!

Six cases on beer and three weeks, now back to my car!!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Mar 2011 Time to tackle the front windshield posts/cowel

Old 03-20-2011, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Its sunny today and no more snow . Going to pull my car out of storage today!!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I fix the Boxster 6 years ago it was a wreak from Califoria.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Posted too early before. Looks like you're already on it!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

make it as much ORIGINAL as possible
Old 03-20-2011, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
ya he dose good work thats my targa and its for sale and the 66 is going to be nice
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Bird. It's the word...

Garage
Great work. Looking forward to seeing it progress...
Old 03-21-2011, 03:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Been working on here and there , Now its time to get back at it, Floors are all welded in and the nose is all rebuilt . Everything is welded back on that I lost at the sand blasters. My wife sys it doesnt look any different.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: