Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
What shade of Black?

Hi Gents. I am restoring my 79 930 turbo and need some help on a few details.
The louvers on the top of the rear wing are painted Black. Anyone know what shade they came out of the factory? Gloss, satin or matt?
Also the metal trims that sit in the F&R windscreen rubber and rear 1/4 window rubber seals. I think they were original anodise finsh in black. Anyone know what shade? Gloss, satin or matt?
I would think the door window frames to be the same?
Thanks.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

all the parts are satin in gloss . because of the type of coating on the window trim it is one shade less gloss . what you can do is use a lacquer trim black on the window trim and a enamel trim black on the other parts . the enamel will hold that little extra gloss your looking for . the SEM trim black is lacquer based and 5 STAR's trim black is enamel based . on the tails i found it to be best to 1st paint the satin black then mask off the black and paint the body color . the only reason is its allot less mask needed .

Last edited by 962porsche; 07-10-2011 at 04:10 PM..
Old 07-10-2011, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks 962.Thats a big help. Do I understand you are saying the louver section on the rear wing is also satin finish? Thanks again. Vas.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks again 962. Thats a load of the mind.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: