Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
3m paint protection film kit

Where can i get paint protection film for my 1984 turbo??

Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i never liked doing that but if you feal you must you can go to a place were they do vinyl signs and have them cut the pieces you want .
Old 07-31-2011, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
You definitely want to go to someone that does this for a living if you want a result you will be happy with. There are many companies that have digitized kits specific to your car. I would opt for that vs. a hand cut kit. I know many people in SoCal that hand cut and do it well, but there is always a risk that they can cut your paint. There are also several brands of paint protection film. The main brands are 3M, Venture, Avery and Xpel. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. The 3M is the most durable, but it has a slight orange peel texture. The Venture is the clearest and flattest (no orange peel), but without regular care it will begin to have a yellowish-gray cast to it.

All in all, it is a personal preference on the look. It does work though and will keep your paint looking good. The question to ask yourself is whether the slight negative aesthetic of having the material on your car is worth keeping it chip free.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for your input, i live in New Zealand, do you know who i could order a kit off??

Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: