Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

re: Tail Light Lens and Reflector Coating

I had some pretty good scratches in the rear reflector of my 81' SC. I have successfully polished them out (3M 600, 1500, 2000, rubbing compound, white polishing compound) But there is an apparent line of demarcation between the polished area and the untouched portion. It is obviously some sort of clear coat layer. Although it has about a quarter inch of feathered transition it is obvious that the unpolished section has a coating.

Can anyone tell me what this is and how it can be replicated. I know that some tail light tinting kits (a vial modification in its own right) come with a can of what appears to be plain aerosol clear enamel, but this doesn't seem to be as thick as one would expect out of a spray coat.

Not to mention that I don't want to spray on something that will eat the reflector (a black letter item).

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

rackjack
Old 10-23-2011, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
coatings , lens restoration , reflector , tail lights