Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Yellow bleed through on Fresh white paint

I had my neighbor at work give me a "discount" coat of white paint on the inside of my engine compartment. Welllll, there was a bunch of yellow bleed through. He is the used care salesman type of person and is basically full of ****, so I don't trust a word he says anymore. I suspected the bleed through was from the hardener not being mixed correctly or something like that but he said it was gray paint and green primer not acting right with the paint he used. I'd liek to know the real reason why it's coming though.

Either way, he isn't painting anything else on the car.

Thanks in advance.

-P
Toluca Lake, CA
Old 02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If he is not helping you anymore why does it matter what happend if you moved on? With that any pics? Are you going to have it fixed?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
He still has the car. I told him to fix it. I want to take the car after he fixes it. Either way I'd like to know the truth and I don't think I'm going to get it from him.
Toluca Lake, CA
Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
nobody?
Toluca Lake, CA
Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I'm not sure what's going on in your case, but I've had wierd reactions like this when I paint over old paint jobs without using a sealer coat. I'm not a pro painter, but I've learned the hard way not to skip this step. I hate re-sanding mistakes.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I had this happened to my 88 951S execpt it was the bumper/header panel. Bodyshop guy who did it on the side. I brought it back to him and he stated he was trying to compensate for the age of the old paint. He told me he was busy and would call me when he frees up to repaint. That was 4 years ago.
Too bad, for him, he missed out on buiding my race car ($5-7K).

In the end, the saying is always right.... You get what you pay for.
87 944na - Old Daily Driver, now 944 CUP
03 Chevy Avalanche- Support Vehicle
70 Olds 442 W30 Conv- Gone but not forgotten
http://www.diazracing.com
adiaz@diazracing.com
Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

steves31

If you used rage bondo it will react with some paints especially dupont paint
Old 03-08-2012, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i tend to use a sealer most of the time there are many reasons for using sealers .
but using a sealer is no gearinty that you will not get any blead thru's .
i have seen things like red hardeners used with body fillers blead thru along with sparpie markers that the body man used to maker were the dents were . with a 1000 other things too .
if it's in your engine conpartment it could be from the backing of sound padding ????
it would not be from the way he mixxed the hardener . to much hardener retards the drying and to little will do the same thing .
after all you did get a deal ( discount ) and got just what you paid for ? 1/2 price 1/2 the quality !
at this point to stop any more blead thru's a isolator coat will need to be sprayed down before it gets repainted . a product like u-pol's barcoat should be used .
Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
did a blue and white flame job on a cycle.. the guy got tire spray all over it. where he had the tire spray on the white turned bright neon yellow... it went away after awhile though.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: