Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Block sand or by hand 993 poly bumper cover

Im trying to prep a used polyurethane front bumper cover for my 993 project.

Questions are, would it be best to take the original paint down by hand? As you know the shape is very "organic" there is nothing flat about it.

I'm also doing the same for oem poly GT2/RSCS "taco shell" front spoilers, would it be best to do it by hand rather then a thin block of some kind?

What grit papers start (oem paint removal) to finish (ready for base coat) ?

Thank you!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

not knowing the condition of the finish it's hard to say just what way it would need to be prep . for the most part there is no need to block sand any thing . blocking is for flat areas .
there are also many ways to prep parts .
if you sand thru the finish on the parts you will need to prime with a flex primer on plastic and or rubber parts .
if your going to just sand and shoot you can sand it with a 400 to 600 grit paper then i would spray a coat of sealer down then spray my top coat right over the sealer .
Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: