Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

sealers

Hi all,I've read that thinned epoxy primer can be used as a sealer.Do most painters do this or is a sealer something else?Thanks,T.C.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

ok that is a yes and no answer !
there are some paint co's that you can also use the epoxy primer as a sealer . it's not just adding more reducer to it .
in my shop we do use RM's polyuroxy as a wet on wet sealer and we love it if we are just going over bare metal and right to a top coat .
it uses the same EP RM primer but you change out the other two products .
you would mix it 3 parts EP primer , 2 parts UA 97 activator , 1 part DH46 hardener .
it lays down like glass and sticks like glue to bare metals .

when i was doing a demo of the PPG system they told me they too hade a product what would do the same thing for me as the polyuroxy would . i used it on the inside of a vw golf race car we built a roll cage for and added in a fuel cell . the hole inside of the car delamed less than 6 months later . now we did the job as a demo with the rep from PPG standing there with us . they never did dtep up and pay for the redo of the inside of the car but we had to strip it hole inside of the car back down and repaint it with polyuroxy and sprayed limco over the top of the polyuroxy . it been years and even thou BASF said it should work with limco over the top of RM they don't recommend it .

some paint CO's will let you go wet on wet on wet with there products . like wet coat of E-primer then a wet coat of a sealer then wet top coats .
so you see there is a yes and no answer .
Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: