Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
hemeoncdoc

Garage
SWB rocker seat rail support

Does anyone know where I can find the sheet metal panel that supports the outer seat rail inside the rockers? Mine are rather corroded. I am replacing the full pan and could easily replace it if I can source it. The part is maybe 2 inches high and 10 inches long, and is a very detailed stamping. The outer seat rails bolt into it in the rockers. I assume that it has a meaningful role structurally and should be replaced but I cannot find the part anywhere. Thanks! Will try to post a pic, cant seem to do on my ipad
Old 07-19-2012, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm cutting up a 68 912. Send me a pic and I can section out that piece for you. Those areas are very solid on this car.
'73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
'78 911SC backdate
Old 07-20-2012, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
300hp 1800lbs is the goal

Garage
I just bent some thicker steel into L brackets. Seam weld the top edge, and spot welded the bottom section to the floor.

I think I did it in 2 pieces. Front area, and then rear section where the floor pan drops. Then I seam welded those two together.

It's not pretty, but once the inner rockers are in you can't see it.

The science was settled: Earth was flat.
Galileo : Flat Earth denier.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Jeremy

Garage
cnielsen: I just sent you a PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: