Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

How was my '69 911 painted originally?

I'm at the end of the bodywork on my Porsche 911E '69. It's completly stripped to bare metal, everything's repaired to meet the highest quality standards. I want to repaint it according to the factory specifications, but i don't know how. Where was it painted to body color? Where did the spray it to black? How did the engine bay and the trunk looked like? And what about the bottom? It's important that it has to look exactly like on the '69 models. Please help!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Bird. It's the word...

Garage
Hun, you may be better off posting this question over on the Early S Registry - I know it's been covered there a few times.

The 69 had a black underbody and wheel arches, as well as trunk and engine bay... but the exact measurements of where black transitioned into colour vary from car to car slightly. Also the engine lid hinges are black on a 69.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun911 View Post
I'm at the end of the bodywork on my Porsche 911E '69. It's completly stripped to bare metal, everything's repaired to meet the highest quality standards. I want to repaint it according to the factory specifications, but i don't know how. Where was it painted to body color? Where did the spray it to black? How did the engine bay and the trunk looked like? And what about the bottom? It's important that it has to look exactly like on the '69 models. Please help!
That is fantastic that you are ready for paint. Can't wait to see your car next time I am in Budapest. It appears that I am behind you now in the restoration process! My 69 was painted black in all of the areas that Fishcop mentioned.
2001 Eurovan Weekender - Bruni
Old 08-24-2012, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Fishcop: Thanks for your help. My bigges problem is the interior of the car. I don't know how it looked like in '69. Where it was black and where was it painted to body color.

kkinzli: I'm very proud now, the car is 100% ready for paint. But it looks already so cool that maybe i won't paint it

Old 08-27-2012, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: