Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
jdill

Garage
Boston area Quality shop

For those of you who dont know me this is the place to bring your precious metal
Leavitt Street Auto Body

Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
What did you have them do for you?
Old 08-29-2012, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
jdill

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David McLaughlin View Post
What did you have them do for you?
well dave this is my shop "Im not only a customer i am the owner of this fine establishment" trying to fill in the schedule for the winter months,,the link is to my website
Old 08-30-2012, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
That's kinda what I thought. You are quite near me and the shop I work for. Nice looking cars and a super clean shop.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
bluemane500, I noticed the cabrio's in your pics (website).... do you do the canvas work or sub it out? (roof)
2018 Toyota Tundra Limited
2004 CRF250X
Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Would you do the paint on my car if I did all or most of the prep? I'm not sure how you feel about that sort of thing. I can imagine you would have concerns that a poor prep job would be a major headache for you. I have experience in autobody although it's been a few years.

I'm considering starting on my car this winter so it would be at least a year off.
'14 Audi A6 3.0
18 Tesla ModelX 100D, 20 Model 3
Old 08-30-2012, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

jdill

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yel911 View Post
bluemane500, I noticed the cabrio's in your pics (website).... do you do the canvas work or sub it out? (roof)

i have a guy that does it for me,,, i could give you a great referall
Old 08-30-2012, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
jdill

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by catuck View Post
Would you do the paint on my car if I did all or most of the prep? I'm not sure how you feel about that sort of thing. I can imagine you would have concerns that a poor prep job would be a major headache for you. I have experience in autobody although it's been a few years.

I'm considering starting on my car this winter so it would be at least a year off.
it would be best for you to disassemble ,possibly strip and then reassemble,for me to give you a lifetime warranty i need to know what is on the car from the metal up,,, otherwise if you do all the work i cant give the guarantee, but i would still do it for you
Old 08-30-2012, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
it would be best for you to disassemble ,possibly strip and then reassemble,for me to give you a lifetime warranty i need to know what is on the car from the metal up,,, otherwise if you do all the work i cant give the guarantee, but i would still do it for you
Thanks. I hadn't considered the idea of a warranty. I would love to discuss numbers with you to help me decide what to do. I enjoy working on my car - in fact I have two project cars at the moment and will need someone to spray both someday.
'14 Audi A6 3.0
18 Tesla ModelX 100D, 20 Model 3
Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
jdill

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by catuck View Post
Thanks. I hadn't considered the idea of a warranty. I would love to discuss numbers with you to help me decide what to do. I enjoy working on my car - in fact I have two project cars at the moment and will need someone to spray both someday.
No problem Chris,My doors are always open,,make a trip someday to Salem,,, we can go over some of the procedures for you to follow to get the most longevity out of your efforts,,"we specialize in beautiful bodies" Leavitt Street Auto Body Hope to see you soon John
Old 08-30-2012, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
John, almost every one I know in this business in this area had worked for Gullwing Motors or Paul Russel and Company at some point. How about you?
Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
jdill

Garage
Quote:
John, almost every one I know in this business in this area had worked for Gullwing Motors or Paul Russel and Company at some point. How about you?
well Dave, thirty five years in business and i can say i never worked for Paul Russel,,Im very familiar with the shop,, I sold my second body shop to Mike Noonan . Mikes autobody in Malden who was working for paul at the time,and about six years ago when Paul was looking for a manager I did go down and talk to him... but independence has always been my most valuable asset,,,This type of work has always been my passion,,Paul is a great guy and i wish i had a couple of his clients but i hope to remain independent for another tweny years or so bringing historic european cars back to life at fair prices
Old 08-30-2012, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

jdill

Garage
hey dave,, I have a 2012 Can am spyder in magnesium at my shop awaiting all the plastics in the front,,,My customer ran into her house with it,,,,well she wants to paint cats paws all over the bike,,,perhaps you may be a candidate for this job.... give me a call if you are interested,,, thanks John
Old 08-30-2012, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
That's a bit too big of a project for me. Call my friend Scott McKay at Thin Air GraFX in Amesbury. Tell him I sent you. I hope to someday be able to work on larger projects myself but I still have a lot to learn.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
jdill

Garage
Quote:
That's a bit too big of a project for me. Call my friend Scott McKay at Thin Air GraFX in Amesbury. Tell him I sent you. I hope to someday be able to work on larger projects myself but I still have a lot to learn.

I will lay out vinyl decals and re clear ,,,its all good.......
Old 09-08-2012, 04:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Use the vinyl as a stencil instead; it would be better with less clear to make smooth.

So how did you get the nickname Slinky?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
jdill

Garage
you got the wrong guy Dave,,,but ai know a guy name slinky,,,,he works for chris "the greek" in a body shop in malden, on the oppisite side of Mikes....his first name is John also
Old 09-08-2012, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Ah, I see.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: