Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
dkbautosports.com

body and paint in CT .

i guess it's ok to post your business's here so i will do so .
if your looking for paint and or body work
my number is 203 407 1708 .
Old 08-30-2012, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
How about some pics of the new shop?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

when the shop is finished there will be a web site for the shop . weds i have to sign the paper work for the property . then all the fun starts with the repair licensing with the state of ct. and the zoning with the town . i have found two places that fell thru one the soil test came back contaminated and the other the town said it was to close to housing to open a body shop there .
once all the crap is signed we start the move . the race / fab shop in milford will be going there along with the airbrush custom paint shop in hamden .
this shop will be more of a collision shop that we will be doing some resto's there too . the trubble with the shop in branford is that the labor rate is to high for the average cars .
if you own a car that is worth 20 to 30 K your not going to spend 60K plus for a resto on it .
This is were this shop comes into play . the labor rate well be the average for the area at 55 an hour . that way i will not have to turn away 80 % of the cars like i'm doing now with the branford shop . so now i can and will take on the 911's , 912's, 944's and a like insted of just doing the cars like the 904's .
i picked up a used celette bench and fixtures from a porsche, audi , benz dealer and i have chief waiting to drop off a ez liner drive on bench . for now i'm going to use the spray booth out of the fab/race shop it's 30 years old but works good .
Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

thanks for all the phone calls , pm's and emails .
the new shop is moving into danbury ct .
if you need to get ahold of me my number is listed here that is my personal number and not to any one shop . my name is David by the way .
i will not be coming back onto the forums here . i'm am very tired of all the BS on forums !
i was only coming on them to try and help out people that may have been looking for some help . i get 10 to 15 questions asked very day by pm's emails or even phone calls . plaese do not call any longer about any tech questions . like i said i'm tired of the hate and BS and i have never asked for any thing for my time to answer the questions asked me and would spend all the time needed to talk to the people on the forums . some of you people are great but it does not make up for all the total asses .
happy motoring
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
David
Your contributions on this forum have been very enlightening.
I will miss reading your posts.
Best of luck with the new shop.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
CRAP!

Not what I wanted to hear. I have enjoyed your help and read almost everything I could see you replied to, just because I'd learn from it.

Good luck in your new shop.

Best regards
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 09-02-2012, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Bird. It's the word...

Garage
David, I hope you reconsider
Old 09-02-2012, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Man this is not good news. I have been away from the forums most of the summer with the exception of a peek here and a peek there. David please reconsider. There are plenty of us that do appreciate and look forward to your input.

Don
Old 09-20-2012, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
David,
I've read many of your posts and have regarded them as gospel. Very sorry to hear you're leaving. I imagine the BSr's are in the minority but any number can wear at you. Just know that your help is very appreciated. BTW, I grew up near Danbury, and would love to see your new shop sometime when I visit.
Chris
'14 Audi A6 3.0
18 Tesla ModelX 100D
Old 09-20-2012, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
David, never knew of anyone with so much accurate detailed and just plain helpful information at their fingertips as you have. I was in awe of the way you were willing to share your knowledge. Best of luck!! Jon
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
David, if you do happen to read this thread again I would like to thank you for your help during the course of my project. Some questions you answered directly and some I have obtained from other threads.

Honestly, I doubt I could have done as much work myself without your assistance. I really appreciate it.

I understand your decision, and at times I could not understand why some people would respond to you in such an immature manner. I guess it takes all sorts, but at the end of the day the cream rises to the top, so I'm sure that's where you'll sit.

All the best with your business and the future.

Darren
Old 10-16-2012, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcop View Post
David, I hope you reconsider
Ditto ...................

It's a shame we'll lose a person with your experience and expertise because of a few bad apples. The internet forums is a tough place for Porsche service and repair shop owners to participate.

You get dumbasses arguing with you that have never picked a wrench or sanding block. You'd like to blast the crap out of them on the forum. But you can't. Everything on the web is here for eternity. Saying the wrong thing could offend someone wanting a $100k restoration or race car build.

I hope you give us another chance .....................
77 Carrera RS w/3.2 #59
73 914S 2.0 AG
73 914 1.7 Driver ( daily driver, under complete rustoration )
74 914 2.0, 71 914 Tub, 74 914 2.0 Tub + 73 914 donor
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 962porsche View Post
thanks for all the phone calls , pm's and emails .
the new shop is moving into danbury ct .
if you need to get ahold of me my number is listed here that is my personal number and not to any one shop . my name is David by the way .
i will not be coming back onto the forums here . i'm am very tired of all the BS on forums !
i was only coming on them to try and help out people that may have been looking for some help . i get 10 to 15 questions asked very day by pm's emails or even phone calls . plaese do not call any longer about any tech questions . like i said i'm tired of the hate and BS and i have never asked for any thing for my time to answer the questions asked me and would spend all the time needed to talk to the people on the forums . some of you people are great but it does not make up for all the total asses .
happy motoring
See ya.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Sad Sad day for the body shop guy in me. Your contributions and knowledge will be missed. You were an asset here but I hear you about some of the issues. With such a huge audience here it is inevitable for issues to take the joy of sharing away.

Wish you luck and thank you for your time spent here.

Terry
COA: Passenger Side Mirror, Manual Antenna & Dunlop Tires
Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: