Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered User
HawgRyder's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Langley, BC Canada
Posts: 2,865
Send a message via ICQ to HawgRyder
You already have a 200 Amp supply to the house...and 40 Amps to the garage.
If you upgrade the feed to the garage to 100 Amps (with the correct guage wire) I don't see a problem on your part.
The untility company may have to upgrade the pole transformer to put you on a separate one from your neighbours, but that should be all on their part. (might have to pay for that).
Upgrading the panel in the garage is your cost...and installing the correct receptacle is easy with the right hardware.
My only suggestion...check out the run/guage requirements for the house to garage link...and move up the size of the wire at least one size to prevent heating effects ( it will add to the cost but far less than having to do it later).
Bob Hutson
Old 01-17-2013, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.