Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Paint Bubble

Hi all,
Just bought a 83 Ferrari Mondial coupe with 17,000 miles.
It's it very nice condition, but I have noticed a couple of small paint bubbles in the A piller, and at the fuel filler.

I pressed on them with my finger and they seem quite hard, didn't break through at all.

So my question is are these bubbles an indication of rust under the paint , or something else.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-13-2013, 04:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i have owned two Mondial's over the years a 1982 and then a 1986 with the 3.2 motor both of them were cab's .
the funny thing is they are known to be so called junk ferraris but i never had any trouble with either of them . i owned the 82 for two years and them the 86 for 5 years untill 3 years ago when i sold it .
i got the 1982 dirt cheap because the paint was checking on the hole car .
you would think you would feel a power deferents between the two car because of the motor sizes but no ! one was no faster then the other .
as long as the temp was over 46 degrees the top would be down on the 86 and i drove the car all most ever day about 10K miles ever year.

i would have to see a photo to know just what your talking about bubbles to say what it might be .
Old 02-13-2013, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
1977 Targa ROW

yup, rust is under that bubble - I have a few on my 77 ROW Targa. I have been told it is a very simple fix...
I'm not your Rumpelstiltskin, spin your own Gold.
"Ya can't be Pablo if ya work ain't selln'..."
Old 02-16-2013, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

it may not be rust ! it could be the finish it's self ferraris at that time was changing from one type of paint to another and most we do in my shop is not rust but the starting of a delam .
that is why you need to see just what it looks like rather than just saying it's rust .
a finish problem on one car never means it's the same for all cars .
Old 02-16-2013, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: