Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Tired Member

Garage
Glasurit 22 Line

It seems to me that Glasurit 22 Line is not used much outside our community and it is getting harder to find places that carry it.

This begs the question, what is a readily available and suitable single stage replacement?

Thoughts?
Support vehicle - '00 Suburban 2500 4x4
Son's - '85.1 944
Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

22 line is very much use out side the porsche world . they are used on every top auto makers car there for you will also find shops that paint ferraris lambo benz and so on using it also .

but as a basf rep for years i did find that certain areas of the country will be dominated by certain types of cars like say US built cars or asian cars . so what you will also find are paint CO's also cater to the makers of cars that are the biggest seller in that area . your not going to put 22 line on a ford pickup right ?

the BASF site has a area jobber locator or you can mail order it from paul francis there phone number is 203 468 8126 .

the fact is any paint will work but i always tend to stay with what was on the car when it was made . when we were doing demo's some years ago many of the other paint co's did not have good color matches on there colors for porsches and ferraris that we paint .
you could also look for the BASF diamont uno single stage paint line there is not that big of a differents between the two . you will get the same finish and color matching as the 22 line system .
Old 07-12-2013, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
I guess I must be in one of those areas... According to my BSAF dealer, I may be his only 22 line customer in the last couple years.
Support vehicle - '00 Suburban 2500 4x4
Son's - '85.1 944
Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

you also have to remember that cars now are of a base / clear so the run of the mill shops tend to only use base clear for every thing .
if and run of the mill shop needs to do a single stage paint job they tend to just do it in a enamel because it's of a low grade job .
Old 07-12-2013, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: