Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

!966 Questions-Fuel tank

I need some help on the rubber fitting #901-201-591-20-m100. I can not find the snap fitting to remove the orginal worn out fitting.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

what are you looking for a new rubber boot ? proper name fuel filler neck sleeve .
you can buy them from porsche there like 60 dollars list .
if your looking to remove it and depending on the year you will find a a round ring in the grove just inside the top lip . the ring will have a cut thru it with two little hook pick tools or very small screwdrivers hold one side of the cut of the ring to stop it from spinning when you take the little hook tool / screw driver and get under the other side of the cut on the ring and lift one edge of the ring out of the rubber were it sits into . once you get half the to ring started you can then just pull the ring right out .
Old 10-26-2013, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks pal. I found the snap ring retaining the fuel filler neck sleeve. The old deteriorated rubber sleeve has been removed. Any advise on correct 1966 silver paint? My #303636 was originally off-white but I find that color to be a little to blase. Dan
Old 10-26-2013, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: