Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Removing front wing '83 SC

Hi there, I have read the posts on wing removal but there are a couple of things I can't see detail on -

For an SC, what needs to be done with fuel filler when removing front fender - does the wing just slip over this, or are there screws to be undone? I can't see any attachment to the wing...

Similarly, on the other side, how exactly is the aerial disconnected?

Advice is really appreciated.

Cheers
Andrew
Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi Andrew,

There are screws that need to be undone in order to remove the fuel filler neck. Technically it slips over but the neck does not just "float" in the opening. There are screws, clamps and the bellows that hold it in place.

As for the antenna you should just be able to loosen the lock nut on the antenna, slide it over the aerial and slide the antenna out the bottom.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the quick response. I might ask one other thing on this please - can I disconnect headlights from inside the fender well or do I need to open up the headlight to remove fenders?

Thanks again

Last edited by Cluskera; 11-17-2013 at 04:08 PM..
Old 11-17-2013, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
PhD on Pending Projects

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wachuko Send a message via Yahoo to wachuko
You have to remove the lights to disconnect them... Then you have to take the plug apart (pull out the wires, remember to take photos so you remember where everything goes). Once you have done that, then you can pull the wires through the fender holes....

1967 - Porsche 912
1981 - Porsche 911 SC
1991 - Porsche 911 C4 Wide-body Cabriolet
Old 11-18-2013, 02:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks very much
Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: